Arduino UNO with C55S Servo

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino UNO with C55S Servo

Postby Razor8208 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:28 pm

As I understand the C55S servo needs 7.2V to operate at max torque. How do you connect the servo with such power while still receiving input signals from the Arduino UNO? Do I need another board to do the communicating between the UNO and the servo?
Sorry if this sounds confusing. Thanks.
Razor8208
Greenhorn

Re: Arduino UNO with C55S Servo

Postby robosang » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:27 am

This does not only apply for particular RC servo motor, it apply to all RC servo. RC Servo is not meant for microcontroller, they are designed for Remote Control game and the supply is direct from the battery via RC Receiver.

Yes, you will need to create a power source that can deliver 7.2V if you want the servo to offer maximum torque. The ground should be shared, signal still remain 5V from the Arduino Uno.
robosang
Expert

Re: Arduino UNO with C55S Servo

Postby Razor8208 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks. So how do connect the servo to the board with the separate power source? Sharing the ground like you said? But how to connect them? I want to confirm about this before I do anything stupid that will damage the UNO and the servos.
And one more thing, do I need the Arduino Shield for this purpose?
Razor8208
Greenhorn

Return to Arduino Based