Arduino Mainboard

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino Mainboard

Postby phdatdt » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:17 pm

I have a Ublox Neo GPS chip and a LEON GSM chip, both using UART or SPI. which Arduino programmable Mainboard I should use to communicate these chips (extract Coordinate for GPS chip and send to GSM chip) in term of cheap cost ? :D
phdatdt
Freshie

Re: Arduino Mainboard

Postby robosang » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Not sure about the spec of your GPS and GSM chip, but if there use UART and SPI, any arduino main board should be able to do the work. Try to get a board to play with first. I have myself Arduino Duemilanove compatible quite sometime and just play with the example.... quite easy. But I like to play with PIC microcontroller too. :mrgreen:
robosang
Expert

Postby shahrul » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 pm

I think, most microcontroller or arduino board have UART and SPI. But, I really don't know the GPS and GSM you said.
I use other type, GSP use UART also GSM use UART. You can see example using chipKit, the code is same with arduino.
1. GPS Receiver
2. GSM Modem
shahrul
Professional

Postby phdatdt » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks for the reply,

the Arduino Mini pro seems good. but typically to connect Arduino with these chips through UART, Maxim Max232 will be used right ? Or Arduino Mini pro can be connected directly to these chips ?
phdatdt
Freshie

Return to Arduino Based