USBasp Programmer

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Re: USBasp Programmer

Postby gadgetng » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 am

vick5821 WROTE:What does the sentence that I underline in black means ?

I am not quite getting it.

We are using arduino IDE now, what does it means by not using arduino board ?

if i'm not mistaken it means that you can also program the Atmel chip without the arduino board, as long as the ICSP connection is set up.
gadgetng
Discoverer

Postby vick5821 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 am

Problem solved. I do not know why I erase the bootloader exist in the Atmega 328(Perhaps I uploaded again the bootloader?) and causing the LED at pin 13 not blinking. Hence, I reupload the bootloader into the chip and everything is fine now.

However, I am curious that why I cant use latest version of arduino IDE to burn the bootloader using USBasp ? I used arduino 0023 version to upload using w/USBasp

Thank you
vick5821
Discoverer

Postby vick5821 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 am

vick5821 WROTE:Okay, means that I can build my own arduino but then I changed the IC socket to 40pins ZIF socket so that it can be a programmer for AVR chip . Am I correct ?

Thank you :)

I make it as AVR programmer . But I need to burn bootloader to the AVR chip first ? Then only can upload code using Arduino IDE ?

How can I upload code to AVR chip like atmega 8 with no bootloader ? Do I need to make my own arduino ?
vick5821
Discoverer

Postby zhenning » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 am

vick5821 WROTE:
vick5821 WROTE:Okay, means that I can build my own arduino but then I changed the IC socket to 40pins ZIF socket so that it can be a programmer for AVR chip . Am I correct ?

Thank you :)

I make it as AVR programmer . But I need to burn bootloader to the AVR chip first ? Then only can upload code using Arduino IDE ?

How can I upload code to AVR chip like atmega 8 with no bootloader ? Do I need to make my own arduino ?

You can try this: http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/09/3 ... rogrammer/
zhenning
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Arduino Based