Power consumption for Arduino Uno Rev3-Main Board

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Power consumption for Arduino Uno Rev3-Main Board

Postby ZowieTsai » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:36 am

Hello there, I'm kinda new in this Arduino Uno Rev3-Main Board. Therefore, helps are much much appreciated. =)

May I know how to calculate the power consumption for the Arduino Uno Rev3-Main Board?
ZowieTsai
Greenhorn

Re: Power consumption for Arduino Uno Rev3-Main Board

Postby gadgetng » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:16 pm

This is kinda a odd question for me.
There is two active IC in Arduino Uno R3 which is ATMEGA328P and ATMEGA16U2. You have to figure out the total current consumption from them (you might be able to find out in their datasheet) and please take note that the current is different during active mode, power-down mode, and power-save mode. I don't think there is a definite answer for this. Anyway, i believe it is only few mA provided no other hardware connected... just my 2 cents..
gadgetng
Discoverer

Postby robosang » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Yup, is difficult to get actual power consumption because it all depends on the design. When LED is activated, current is consume more, right? When it is off, less. And there are so many pins on Uno, how can we know which is the condition? Even if LED is connected and activated, current still depends on the current limit resistor.... so there are too many possibility...
robosang
Expert

Postby ZowieTsai » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:20 am

hmmm.. so means... we need to know what is connected to each pin and how much current or voltage it required, right? hmmm.... how about... lets say.... I don't know what will be connected to the pins in the future, we might change it. But now I need to buy a solar rechargeable battery to supply power to the microcontroller. To make sure the battery is always supplying enough power to the microcontroller no matter how many pins or load we use, how much Amp-hour and volt battery should i use for the best result? =)
ZowieTsai
Greenhorn

Postby Idris » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 am

Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Arduino Based