Can't upload sketch into new bought atmega328

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Can't upload sketch into new bought atmega328

Postby echentj » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm

hi Cytron,

I just bought a atmega 328 a week ago. Cytron claimed that they are preloaded the new atmega328 with optiboot bootloader. I m using breadboard ( duemi)to test out my sketch. I have been doing my previous projects with 2 (NOT loaded bootloader) atmega328 with no Problem.
Now, i can't upload my sketch to the newly bought atmega328 (preloaded with optiboot), and i tried to bootloaded it again but the boot loading process was failed. The error messages are as below
1. avrdue: error: programm enable, target doesn't answer. 1
2. avrdue: initialization failed; rc=-1 Double check connection and try again or use -F to override this check.

Anyone out there who encounter this error?
Please help. Thank you.

rdgs
Jake
echentj
Novice

Re: Can't upload sketch into new bought atmega328

Postby yonghui » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:20 pm

how is ur schematic?
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby hyng » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 am

When you try to connect/upload sketch from arduino IDE, did you choose Arduino Uno board in the arduino IDE ? Arduino Uno should be chosen for Optiboot.
hyng

Postby hyng » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 am

echentj WROTE:The error messages are as below
1. avrdue: error: programm enable, target doesn't answer. 1
2. avrdue: initialization failed; rc=-1 Double check connection and try again or use -F to override this check.

seems like the problem comes from the programmer. Please double check your programmer like try to program the 2 ATMEGA chips u bought before.

If you are trying to burn the bootloader onto the ATMEGA328 (not ATMEGA328P, check your IC), you are supposed to get the error msg below:
avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

If you are getting the error msg above when u are trying to burn the bootloader, then you need to change the signature for ATEMGA328 from 0F to 14 in hardware >tools>avr>etc>avrdude.conf. After burning complete, change back the signature. Remember to restart the ARDUINO IDE every time u make a changes on the file.
hyng

Postby mr_hacker90 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:55 pm

i also has the same problem too... i try so many method... still cannot... i even try avrdude... also cannot...
mr_hacker90

Postby echentj » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi all,

I have successfully uploaded my sketch after i changed from Arduino Deumi to Uno.
hyng and YongHui thanks for the information and promptly reply.

Thank you.

best regards
Jake
echentj
Novice

Postby mr_hacker90 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:41 am

hi. hello. i have a question. about to change the avrdude.conf
i already change the signature. from 0F to 14. but still cannot works. but, i dont know either i change the correct signature or not. so, i provide the screen shot. maybe i wrongly change the avrdude.conf hope u guys can help me. with all, regards. :D
mr_hacker90

Return to Arduino Based