Arduino Due

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino Due

Postby Brian Griffin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Another new Arduino which features Atmel's ATSAM3X8E with ARM Cortex-M3. It'll be launched at October 22. No floating point unlike the ARM Cortex-M4, but hey, it's still much easier to do something heavy with a 32-bit.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=125067.0

That Atmel ATSAM3X8E has a lot of guts inside, which is the hardware memory controller (not enough RAM? add some on it!), DAC (for all our projects which are musical in nature), SD-Card interface (no more need to write tough libraries for that anymore) and others like DMA.

I hope the IDE contains all the example libraries which utilizes the stuff inside. :)
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Re: Arduino Due

Postby sich » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:40 am

Anticipating its arriving in Cytron's store... ;)
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Re: Arduino Due

Postby Brian Griffin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:43 am

The onboard DACs and the SD-Card controllers are what makes the new Arduino so attractive.

If these SD-Card controllers allow bootloaders, you know you can pop in a hex file inside the card and fire away the program. :)
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Return to Arduino Based