Arduino Choice for FYP

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino Choice for FYP

Postby hannming » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Hello.. I am a mechanical student where I don't have much knowledge in Arduino, is there anyone can give a some advise that which type of Arduino should I choose and what type of accessories I have to get? My FYP project basically is used Android app (i have to create myself) to control the electric board (Arduino) and I have 9 inputs (proximity sensor, android app which connected via bluetooth or wireless, relays) , 14 outputs (one servo motor, pneumatic cylinders)... I try to do it with the Arduino, can it be done? And is there any Arduino that has built-in wireless or Bluetooth?
hannming
Freshie

Re: Arduino Choice for FYP

Postby zhenning » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 am

Hi,

You can use arduino uno or arduino mega. You can buy the bluetooth module and attached to it :) There are also wifi modules available
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Idris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:34 am

Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby hannming » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:46 am

zhenning WROTE:Hi,

You can use arduino uno or arduino mega. You can buy the bluetooth module and attached to it :) There are also wifi modules available

Thanks you very much for your guidance.. If i try to use Xbee can it be work together with arduino? and which shield i should buy? XBee Starter Kit without module or XBee Starter Kit without module?
I have found some project where they use bluetooth to control their project.. for example http://www.mobot.es/MobotProjects.html MOBOT BT CAR I wonder this can be done or not? and if i use this example, do i need to but the microchip?
hannming
Freshie

Postby hannming » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:49 am

Idris WROTE:You can refer to Android to PIC via Bluetooth.

Thank you for the link =) but that link use PIC to control the project, it is using the same code to program it if i use arduino?
hannming
Freshie

Postby wanes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 am

Hi... i would like using the arduino for FYP...
Can i used the Arduino Mega 2560 R3-Main Board can control the LED and shape memory alloy? The shape memory alloy is one material using the heated to active it.
wanes
Freshie

Postby echentj » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi hannming,

I have been debugging my Android to Arduino project, i m using Cytron made Bluethooth module connected to arduino. Please visit this link, http://www.amarino-toolkit.net/index.php/home.html.
The author showed some interesting projects and he provided tutorial and created library for arduino and Android.

Happy endeavor.

Jeen
echentj
Novice

Postby echentj » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:29 pm

wanes WROTE:Hi... i would like using the arduino for FYP...
Can i used the Arduino Mega 2560 R3-Main Board can control the LED and shape memory alloy? The shape memory alloy is one material using the heated to active it.

Hi,
Do you mean memory array? You can control LED brightness with PWD method.
echentj
Novice

Postby wanes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 pm

HI,
Shape memory alloy is one accessions used to replace motor. Shape memory alloy is using the voltage to active it.
The arduino board can control shape memory alloy?
wanes
Freshie

Postby zhenning » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:20 pm

wanes WROTE:HI,
Shape memory alloy is one accessions used to replace motor. Shape memory alloy is using the voltage to active it.
The arduino board can control shape memory alloy?

Hi,

yes. You might need extra circuitry such as transistor drivers so that it doesnt burden the arduino IO
zhenning
Enthusiast

Return to Arduino Based