Is Arduino-XBee able to communicate with Bluetooth phone/PC?

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Re: Is Arduino-XBee able to communicate with Bluetooth phone

Postby zhenning » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Yes. Its possible as long as the other side is a pc or other devices that is able to be the master
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby robosang » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Yup, I have seen several projects uses the Bluetooth module to connect to phone and computer. I have try with computer before. The statement is pointing to master and slave relationship before Bluetooth device. All of the phone and computer have two roles Bluetooth, it can be master and it can be slave. Since Cytron state that their BlueBee is only slave, so you can still connect it to your phone or computer :mrgreen:
robosang
Expert

Postby j6433 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:43 pm

hmm... i just nid the bluebee to be on the robot and sending the data that it gathered from the sensors to my phone which will display output.. :roll:
j6433
Novice

Postby zhenning » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:37 am

j6433 WROTE:hmm... i just nid the bluebee to be on the robot and sending the data that it gathered from the sensors to my phone which will display output.. :roll:

You just need to send data to the bluetooth module on your robot like you do rs232/uart communication. The phone will just output the values. There are some bluetooth example in the android sdk example if i am not mistaken
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby j6433 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:06 am

so it is possible ... o.o just confused, my phone to display output, but it is the bluebee on the robot sending the data...i thought the one sending data is master...:S
j6433
Novice

Postby zhenning » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:17 am

j6433 WROTE:so it is possible ... o.o just confused, my phone to display output, but it is the bluebee on the robot sending the data...i thought the one sending data is master...:S

The one that send the data is usually the slavE? Only master can request for data. Once that slave is selected, it just keep sending the data.
zhenning
Enthusiast

Return to Arduino Based