xbee simple program code for view processing graph

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

xbee simple program code for view processing graph

Postby nassery » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:39 pm

hi. hello everyone here. i'm newbie in both arduino & xbee. i'm currently searching for information about connection for arduino uno board to xbee module & sample program for transmiting analog signal from arduino uno board to receiving xbee to produce a graph view by processing software. basically for analog read from analog input & view a graph by processing software i'm already done. just about the xbee program only i stuck here. it would be glad & my pleasure if u guys can help me. with all, regards. thank you.
nassery
Freshie

Re: xbee simple program code for view processing graph

Postby shahrul » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm

The keyword is Transmitting and Receiving UART or in the Arduino function just as Serial.
So, Arduino transmitting serial, in the PC side example use Visual Basic also receiving serial.
shahrul
Professional

Postby nassery » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 am

actually i am working on my ecg project...i would like to transmitt ecg graph to be displayed on pc via wireless xbee..actually i'm stuck with the xbee programming..
nassery
Freshie

Postby shahrul » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 am

nassery WROTE:actually i am working on my ecg project...i would like to transmitt ecg graph to be displayed on pc via wireless xbee..actually i'm stuck with the xbee programming..

Actually, XBee no programming. XBee is only one time configuration. After that, you only programming on UART.
shahrul
Professional

Postby nassery » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:20 am

owh...tq bro..but i just want to ask you, is it possible to transfer ecg graph from arduino to pc via xbee?...do i need to program xbee in my arduino?
nassery
Freshie

Postby shahrul » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 am

nassery WROTE:owh...tq bro..but i just want to ask you, is it possible to transfer ecg graph from arduino to pc via xbee?...do i need to program xbee in my arduino?

It just sending analog value through UART. Either it's wired or wireless XBee, the code is same. This is example video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jisj29aGRWI
shahrul
Professional

Postby robosang » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 am

I don think you want to send the graph, but the data to plot the graph right? So is like what shahrul pointed out, XBee is just to replace wired UART. Once you configure a pair of Xbee to correct address, they are transparent to user, is like using UART, but in wireless.

Try send your data to computer using UART, plot the graph then only replace the connection with XBee, easy!
robosang
Expert

Postby nassery » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 am

erm...actually i'm going to send continuous analog signal which means my ecg which measure electrical activity of our heart..
nassery
Freshie

Postby shahrul » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:13 am

nassery WROTE:erm...actually i'm going to send continuous analog signal which means my ecg which measure electrical activity of our heart..

Yes, ofcourse. You can send UART ex every 10ms or 100ms. So you get continuous data.
Example sending and receiving Serial Port.
shahrul
Professional

Return to Arduino Based