XY Plotter

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

XY Plotter

Postby je7sen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi, i am a newbie here. I wanna built a xy plotter that able to draw something on it and what i need is that to drive two stepper motor (17PM-J3X) and a servo motor at the same time. I saw a romeo robot controller that had two motor driver on it.
1. It that romeo robot controller can drive 2 stepper motor and 1 servo at the same time?
2. Or can i use arduino uno R3 and a arduino multi-motor driver shield to drive 2 stepper and 1 servo at the same time?

Thanks for your advise.
je7sen
Fledgling

Re: XY Plotter

Postby robosang » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:43 pm

je7sen WROTE:Hi, i am a newbie here. I wanna built a xy plotter that able to draw something on it and what i need is that to drive two stepper motor (17PM-J3X) and a servo motor at the same time. I saw a romeo robot controller that had two motor driver on it.
1. It that romeo robot controller can drive 2 stepper motor and 1 servo at the same time?
2. Or can i use arduino uno R3 and a arduino multi-motor driver shield to drive 2 stepper and 1 servo at the same time?

Thanks for your advise.

Not familiar with romeo, can you give the link? Check whether the motor driver can driver how many channels of motor?

Arduino Uno R3 is good, but again, I am not familiar with the multi motor driver shield. If you want to buy it, better buy it today because Cytron is having Crazy sales, 50% off. I got mine :)
robosang
Expert

Postby echentj » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 pm

robosang WROTE:
je7sen WROTE:Hi, i am a newbie here. I wanna built a xy plotter that able to draw something on it and what i need is that to drive two stepper motor (17PM-J3X) and a servo motor at the same time. I saw a romeo robot controller that had two motor driver on it.

Thanks for your advise.

Not familiar with romeo, can you give the link? Check whether the motor driver can driver how many channels of motor?

Arduino Uno R3 is good, but again, I am not familiar with the multi motor driver shield. If you want to buy it, better buy it today because Cytron is having Crazy sales, 50% off. I got mine :)

Hi Guys,
Yes, Today Cytron is having crazy sales, i got some of my stuff but most of the ' HOt Items were sold OUT ". I couldn't get one of the arduino main board!! I have to buy the uController alone and some basic components to replica or breadboard myself a arduino. Ha.

Recently, i came across an article of 3D pritring using X,Y and Z axis. Now it is a hot subject that electronic fen are talking about. Anyone interested.
echentj
Novice

Postby zhenning » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:54 pm

echentj WROTE:
robosang WROTE:

Thanks for your advise.

Hi Guys,
Yes, Today Cytron is having crazy sales, i got some of my stuff but most of the ' HOt Items were sold OUT ". I couldn't get one of the arduino main board!! I have to buy the uController alone and some basic components to replica or breadboard myself a arduino. Ha.

Recently, i came across an article of 3D pritring using X,Y and Z axis. Now it is a hot subject that electronic fen are talking about. Anyone interested.

Its kinda expensive though. There is an Arduino and PIC version controller with stepper control breakout boards :)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Alen.ATLow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:58 pm

2 Axis interpolation for XY plotter require insanely complicated algorithm behind. Linear interpolation seems not so bad yet, circular interpolation will be a terrible nightmare. Appreciated any one can share if have good algorithm behind. :roll:
Alen.ATLow
Novice

Return to Arduino Based