Found New Hardware Wizard on window 7

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Found New Hardware Wizard on window 7

Postby HIIKIEWHUI » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi,

I found the problem on founding new Hardware Wizard when i plug in the adruino Uno Rev3 to my laptop which is Window 7. The laptop cannot detect the plug in on my adruino and the SKXBEE starter kit to install the driver. I follow the reference which is using the window xp. Is there any additional things i need to do since i use the window 7?

Regards.
HIIKIEWHUI
Freshie

Re: Found New Hardware Wizard on window 7

Postby yonghui » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:00 pm

for skxbee i think the u need driver for ft232, i think it will automatic find this driver.

for arduino try download arduino IDE and install the driver of arduino board from the folder in the IDE.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby HIIKIEWHUI » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:18 am

Hi,

Since i already download the adruino IDE-1.0.3, but when i plug in the adruino board REV3 to computer USB port, the window did not 'pop out' the "FOUND NEW HARDWARE" sign,that is the problem i found recently

For SKXBEE,can admin give me the link of the ft232 for XBEE series 1(i try to find but can't^^).

Thanks
Regards
HIIKIEWHUI
Freshie

Postby yonghui » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 am

hi,
Since i already download the adruino IDE-1.0.3, but when i plug in the adruino board REV3 to computer USB port, the window did not 'pop out' the "FOUND NEW HARDWARE" sign,that is the problem i found recently

For SKXBEE,can admin give me the link of the ft232 for XBEE series 1(i try to find but can't^^).

downloading the IDE doesnt means that u install the driver already. once the driver is installed on your computer whether is wrong or correct driver, your computer wont pop up tp ask u to install the driver again. to reinstall the driver, right click my computer and click manage, click device manager, find your incorrectly installed device and delete it. then this time your computer will pop up to ask u to reinstall yr driver then browser to install the correct driver from arduino IDE driver folder.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby HIIKIEWHUI » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 am

Hi,

Thanks for the information, i found it successfully. :mrgreen:

Here is another question from me, since i function the adruino board with the motor driver SD02B and the UART is needed.Is it mean that when i upload the program into the adruino board and at the same time i need to connect the driver with the USB UART converter to my PC and after it i juz unplug all things from my PC and it can be controlled without plug with the PC continuously,is that is all means the UART function on the motor driver between the board ? :roll:

Regards
HIIKIEWHUI
Freshie

Postby yonghui » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi, u can use arduino serial/UART to control the sd02. but when u wan to program the arduino board. Disconect the sd02 1st. After done u can connect the arduino back to the sd02.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to Arduino Based