SKXBee Board and Arduino Uno. Please Help

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

SKXBee Board and Arduino Uno. Please Help

Postby EeansJE » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:37 am

Hi guys, I wish to connect XBee for my pc and arduino so both of then can communicate wirelessly.

Today I read through those tutorials in Cytron and finally I had an idea for my project.

I need to have 2 XBee modules. One at PC side and another at Arduino side.

And I also know I need a board for XBee so that it can be configure and power up. And that I choose SKXBee board from Cytron. And now I have 2XBee modules. I know configuration parts for both module can be done with 1 SKXbee board. As I can configure them separately each time.

Question 1 :
The problem that confuse me is how to power up both module?? I not sure. How many SKXBee I need? For PC side I can have SKXBee to power up the module, but how about Arduino side? How to power up it?? By using breakout board for XBee?? Or I need to get another SKXBee board?? If is like that, then it is costly for me.

Question 2
Or I even don need a SKXBee board to configure the XBee module?? Please refer to link below.
http://www.ladyada.net/make/xbee/arduino.html
But Cytron doesnt sell that XBee adapter kit. This adapter is cheap if compare to SKXBee and easy configuration and small. But that adapter kit is different with the breakout board that came together with the XBee package bought from Cytron. I wish to make one myself by soldering header pin on breakout board but I don think it is a good way. If I order the adapter kit from oversea, then it become costly due to postage >.<

Please give some suggestion to me =) Any comments or corrections would be much appreciated!!
EeansJE

Re: SKXBee Board and Arduino Uno. Please Help

Postby shahrul » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:32 pm

EeansJE WROTE:Question 1 :
The problem that confuse me is how to power up both module?? I not sure. How many SKXBee I need? For PC side I can have SKXBee to power up the module, but how about Arduino side? How to power up it?? By using breakout board for XBee?? Or I need to get another SKXBee board?? If is like that, then it is costly for me.

Question 2
Or I even don need a SKXBee board to configure the XBee module?? Please refer to link below.
http://www.ladyada.net/make/xbee/arduino.html
But Cytron doesnt sell that XBee adapter kit. This adapter is cheap if compare to SKXBee and easy configuration and small. But that adapter kit is different with the breakout board that came together with the XBee package bought from Cytron. I wish to make one myself by soldering header pin on breakout board but I don think it is a good way. If I order the adapter kit from oversea, then it become costly due to postage >.<

Please give some suggestion to me =) Any comments or corrections would be much appreciated!!

XBee on PC side just use SKXBee, so it get power from USB.
MCU side, you can power-up XBee with 3.3V. Use battery or adaptor, then regulate by voltage regulator 3.3V. If you don't want use voltage regulator 3.3V, then use another SKXbee that already have regulator inside that.
This is example how I power-up XBee on PC side and MCU side then connected wirelessly. 2 XBee.
shahrul
Professional

Re: SKXBee Board and Arduino Uno. Please Help

Postby EeansJE » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:16 pm

thx you mr shahrul =)
EeansJE

Return to Arduino Based