Arduino Uno + XBee Wifi + XBee Shield. Please Help

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino Uno + XBee Wifi + XBee Shield. Please Help

Postby EeansJE » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:28 am

Hi all frenz out there, need some comments..

I had an Arduino Uno + XBee Wifi + XBee Shield.
Firstly I had setup all three items above and it looks like a stack.

Curious 1
Can I program my XBee Wifi module by plug in Arduino UNO to my PC using UART ?? If can, then by using what method? X-CTU also?? Because I don wish to buy extra SKXBee just to program XBee Wifi.

Curious 2
Let said I had successfully configure XBee Wifi to connect to my home wireless network A. Then I unplug the Arduino Uno from my PC. Now I power up Arduino UNO by using external power source such as battery. And XBee Wifi is still together with XBee shield and Arduino UNO. Will XBee Wifi automatic connect to wireless network A after I power up Arduino UNO??

Curious 3
Let said XBee Wifi successfully connect to wireless network A. And I make my PC also connect to wireless network A. I had a push button on my Arduino System. When I press the button, can the signal send to PC through the wireless network A?? That mean send from microcontroller side to PC side through wireless network.

I not yet buy the XBee Wifi because I need to make sure it can be done before I buy it cause it was costly. I do not want to use XBee S1 or S2 as my project require me to connect to 802.11 b/g/n that is normal Wifi network.
If the above 3 problems that in my mind can be solved, then I will go for it.

Anybody please leave some comments here =) Please give some suggestion to me =) Any comments or corrections would be greatly appreciated!!
EeansJE

Re: Arduino Uno + XBee Wifi + XBee Shield. Please Help

Postby EeansJE » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:20 am

Curious 1 Picture
Attachments
Untitled1.jpg
Curious 1
EeansJE

Postby EeansJE » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:22 am

Curious 2 Picture
Attachments
Untitled2.jpg
Curious 2
EeansJE

Postby EeansJE » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:23 am

Curious 3 Picture
Attachments
Untitled3.jpg
Curious 3
EeansJE

Postby robosang » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:11 am

Have you check out tutorial from Cytron on the XBee-WiFi?
http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2013/01/14/remote-mobile-robot-with-xbee-wifi/

They created a WiFi controlled mobile robot. Maybe that can clear some of your doubts.
robosang
Expert

Postby EeansJE » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:41 pm

robosang WROTE:Have you check out tutorial from Cytron on the XBee-WiFi?
http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2013/01/14/remote-mobile-robot-with-xbee-wifi/

They created a WiFi controlled mobile robot. Maybe that can clear some of your doubts.

yes thanks you for the link. This clear my doubts on Q1 and Q2. And I had bought those components as well.

But now problem is Q3. Because I am sending signal from Arduino to PC, not PC to Arduino.

How can I receive data from Arduino to PC through XBee Wifi? I had test. I cannot collect data from sensor or push button that on my configuration of system. It cannot do with no wire (USB).

If I plug in USB, I can see some signal on XCTU terminal. But if I put it wireless without cable (I power up with external power supply), I cannot see the signal in XCTU because XCTU need to connect through COM port. XCTU cannot connect to XBee Wifi through TCP/IP. Thus I was unable to connect with XBee Wifi module then cannot see anything in XCTU terminal.

How can my PC connect to XBee Wfi module through wireless?? Because I cannot connect it to COM port and detect it and look at XCTU terminal to collect data. I don wan use cable between PC and Arduino. How to connect PC and XBee Wifi wirelessly? TCP/IP?? How to do that?

Please anyone?
EeansJE

Postby robosang » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:35 pm

How you connect the WiFi actually, can you explain more? I din go through the tutorial in detailed but I saw the author is using HyperTerminal instead of XCTU.

How is it possible for you to send data but not to receive data, you might have make some wrong assumption.

Might showing the setup? A few photos of hardware and explain might be helpful.
robosang
Expert

Return to Arduino Based