Automatic Cooler

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Automatic Cooler

Postby FaiZamri » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm now studying Engineering Computer System, I now at the final year of my study. I have to complete my study by doing Final Year Project.

I have chose my project that is Automatic Cooler for laptop. The cooler can detect heat and if the heat is increased, it will increase the speed of the fan. Furthermore, it will make popup on the desktop that will show the temperature of cpu, the rpm of cpu fan, and the rpm of cooler fan.

Please help me. If I not finish it I need to repeat my Diploma. :D
FaiZamri
Freshie

Re: Automatic Cooler

Postby ABSF » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:21 am

Are you saying that you're gonna do this project on your expensive laptop?

Just to open up the laptop to get access to the CPU is a pain in the bu**. I think it would be much easier to do the project on the desktop PC where there is plenty of space.

OR you can emulate the CPU heat with a couple of 10W resistors and put the heat sink and fan on top of the heat load. Which microcontroller are you using and which temp sensor have you selected?

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby FaiZamri » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:30 am

I want to make a portable cooler fan. Not make it inside the laptop. So i dont need to open up my laptop. Could I use arduino to connect it with bluetooth? It will also connect with android.
FaiZamri
Freshie

Postby ABSF » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:22 am

FaiZamri WROTE:I want to make a portable cooler fan. Not make it inside the laptop. So i dont need to open up my laptop. Could I use arduino to connect it with bluetooth? It will also connect with android.

Sure, you can use Arduino, MSP430 launch pad, PIC, AVR whichever you're most familiar with.

There are lots of examples for arduino on Arduino.cc and arduino.playground. As for the communication between Arduino and the android phone desktop, I don't have any experience on that. I just got my blue-tooth to UART module from eBay yesterday and hasn't yet start playing with it.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby FaiZamri » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:23 am

By the way. Thanks for the information
FaiZamri
Freshie

Return to Arduino Based