need help in smart parking system

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

need help in smart parking system

Postby nadeeraanuar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 pm

hello. im doing a project of one my subject. i'm making a smart parking system. in which a sensor will detect the presence of car and the arm gate will be open. im making a very simple parking system. i need your opinion on what is the best sensor to be used at the arm gate so that it can detect the presence of the car. im using arduino uno and already get all the coding and it seems to be correct since the arm gate motor is moving. im using push button instead of sensor to test it out. so i need your kindness to give your opinion regarding my project. one more thing, i want to connect my system to internet. so is it best to use gsm or ethernet shield? since im the beginner in all this thing

thank you a lot :) :P
nadeeraanuar
Freshie

Re: need help in smart parking system

Postby Idris » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Hi nadeeraanuar,

nadeeraanuar WROTE:hello. im doing a project of one my subject. i'm making a smart parking system. in which a sensor will detect the presence of car and the arm gate will be open. im making a very simple parking system. i need your opinion on what is the best sensor to be used at the arm gate so that it can detect the presence of the car. im using arduino uno and already get all the coding and it seems to be correct since the arm gate motor is moving. im using push button instead of sensor to test it out. so i need your kindness to give your opinion regarding my project. one more thing, i want to connect my system to internet. so is it best to use gsm or ethernet shield? since im the beginner in all this thing

You can try IR sensor like Digital Infrared Sensor or Adjustable Infrared Sensor Switch. But this is not detecting car only, it detects object/obstacle.

About to connect the system to internet, Ethernet Shield is better.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby nadeeraanuar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:33 am

thanks for you opinion. i will try it out :)
nadeeraanuar
Freshie

Postby nadeeraanuar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Idris WROTE:Hi nadeeraanuar,

nadeeraanuar WROTE:hello. im doing a project of one my subject. i'm making a smart parking system. in which a sensor will detect the presence of car and the arm gate will be open. im making a very simple parking system. i need your opinion on what is the best sensor to be used at the arm gate so that it can detect the presence of the car. im using arduino uno and already get all the coding and it seems to be correct since the arm gate motor is moving. im using push button instead of sensor to test it out. so i need your kindness to give your opinion regarding my project. one more thing, i want to connect my system to internet. so is it best to use gsm or ethernet shield? since im the beginner in all this thing

You can try IR sensor like Digital Infrared Sensor or Adjustable Infrared Sensor Switch. But this is not detecting car only, it detects object/obstacle.

About to connect the system to internet, Ethernet Shield is better.

Im sorry to ask again. but do you know any sensor that have the same application and coding as push button switch?
nadeeraanuar
Freshie

Postby Idris » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:42 am

nadeeraanuar WROTE:Im sorry to ask again. but do you know any sensor that have the same application and coding as push button switch?

Push button is digital, and those sensor are digital too. The different is push button needs contact (pressed the button).
So what do you mean by have the same application and coding as push button switch?
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Arduino Based