Arduino Due or Arduino Uno

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino Due or Arduino Uno

Postby Louis90 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:22 am

Im doing a project dat using IG42E-49K motor gear, which i wan more than 8 bits of PWM signal to the motor. So i fund out Arduino Due can provide up to 12 bits of PWM signal. But the problem is the pins give 3.3v which im concerning of the signal given to the motor is not enough. The motor driver im goin to use is MD10C. i use to arduino uno and about to buy arduino due, this is my problem now. An because of it provide 3.3v, means direct connect to LED is safe? How about if want to use LCD Shield? How should i connect to it.
Louis90
Greenhorn

Re: Arduino Due or Arduino Uno

Postby waiweng83 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi, for your information, the MD10C is compatible with 3.3V logic. It should have no problem to use with the Arduino Due.
Regarding the LED, I still recommend to connect a resistor in series with the LED to limit the current.

And for the LCD shield, I haven't tested it before on 3.3V system. So I can't comment on that.

Hope this helps.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby Louis90 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Thank you. yet another that concern me, becuase the arduino due I/O pins is 3.3V and i need to use Logic Converter 4 Channels from cytron to convert to 5V. And im using the 12 bit PWM from arduino due, is the propagation delay will effect the transfer speed of PWM as there is a 10ns delay?
Louis90
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Well, you need to check resolution of the PWM of Arduino DUE, what is the minimum cycle?

I will just try it, even there is delay, it will not damage the driver or external device.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Arduino Based