Face Recognition interface to Arduino

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Face Recognition interface to Arduino

Postby Chin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi. I would like to ask if anyone knows any suitable face recognition program that can detect human face then send signal to arduino? I'm wondering which one would be easier to do: to use face recognition on the web, or do face recognition with matlab? Trying to reduce the time to complete the face recognition..
Chin
Fledgling

Re: Face Recognition interface to Arduino

Postby yonghui » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Why not you try both method see which is easier to send out signal and share with people here your result
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby yonghui » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:44 pm

maybe you can look at openCV libary for Processing IDE; for the face recognition.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby Brian Griffin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Chin WROTE:Hi. I would like to ask if anyone knows any suitable face recognition program that can detect human face then send signal to arduino? I'm wondering which one would be easier to do: to use face recognition on the web, or do face recognition with matlab? Trying to reduce the time to complete the face recognition..

You can use Raspberry Pi and webcam with OpenCV. With some programming, you can use the GPIO pin to send signal to Arduino or stuff outside. OpenCV has pretty good libraries for facial recognition. :)

Alternatively, if you are just on the computer, the Matlab (with Image processing library) or the OpenCV will work too.
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby WillHolt » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:30 am

Hi, for your information, the MD10C is compatible with 3.3V logic. It should have no problem to use with the Arduino Due.
Regarding the LED, I still recommend to connect a resistor in series with the LED to limit the current.

And for the LCD shield, I haven't tested it before on 3.3V system. So I can't comment on that.

Hope this helps.
WillHolt
Fledgling

Postby ober » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:32 am

WillHolt WROTE:Hi, for your information, the MD10C is compatible with 3.3V logic. It should have no problem to use with the Arduino Due.
Regarding the LED, I still recommend to connect a resistor in series with the LED to limit the current.

And for the LCD shield, I haven't tested it before on 3.3V system. So I can't comment on that.

Hope this helps.

Hi WillHolt, thanks for the feedback and sharing, appreicate it. Anyway it seem to be under the wrong topic. You can always open new topic to discuss or share.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Arduino Based