Interfacing Bluebee with PC

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Interfacing Bluebee with PC

Postby sssk30 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi there, I am making a wireless and portable gait monitoring system using bluetooth as its main communication method. The bluebee would be placed on the transmitter end while the PC would be using reading the results from its build-in bluetooth.

Components for Transmitter end
1) SN-IMU5D-LC
2) SKXBee
3) Bluebee
4) BBfuino

Using these components, is it possible for me to read and capture value from the serial port itself?
As for wired connection to my laptop I am able to capture and save serial port value using coolterm.
sssk30
Greenhorn

Re: Interfacing Bluebee with PC

Postby Idris » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:32 am

Hi sssk30.

Yes, it is possible. Once you paired the bluetooth, you should get the bluetooth COM port.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby sssk30 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:59 am

I followed the example from this link http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2014/05/07/uploading-arduino-sketch-to-bbfuino-via-bluebee/ however, I am not able to get the bluebee device to work.

When i plug in my SKXBee to my laptop, this is what i see Image

It comes in as other devices. Is there a way to change this?
sssk30
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:47 pm

It seem you did not install the USB driver for SKXBee, please refer to the User's Manual of SKXBee.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Arduino Based