LCD Shield not working

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

LCD Shield not working

Postby Vincent Leong » Mon May 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi,

I just got a CT UNO and attach it to LCD shield. Upload the example program provided on the website. Not working as shown in photo. Reset button, power all looks ok. But nothing displayed on the screen. Its a new device. What could be wrong ? Please help. Also during upload, sometimes the CT Uno get this "synchronize error during uploading". Could it be some H/W malfunction?

Vincent
Attachments
IMG_1205.JPG
Vincent Leong
Greenhorn

Re: LCD Shield not working

Postby ober » Tue May 26, 2015 7:33 am

Narrow down to check whether is CT-UNO or the LCD shield problem. Just run the CT-UNO alone with LED blinking sketch and change the blinking rate. Next test some code which display message on LCD shield.

Can you capture the micro-B connector of CT-UNO, just to make sure it is the latest micro-B footprint.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby Vincent Leong » Tue May 26, 2015 11:49 am

Hi Ober,

After careful observation. The LCD indeed display, but it is very faint. Can only be seen from very narrow angle from the side. What should I do now for an RMA ?
Vincent Leong
Greenhorn

Postby ZaM » Tue May 26, 2015 5:37 pm

you can try to adjust screen contrast by using screwdriver to rotate the potentiometer(blue color)
ZaM

Postby Vincent Leong » Tue May 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Solved... I turn the potentiometer about 6-7 turn and the LCD contrast working now. Previously I only made 1-2 turn and nothing comes out. Thank YOU !!!
Vincent Leong
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:19 am

Good to know that!
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Arduino Based