Cytron MP3 shield cannot initialize

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Cytron MP3 shield cannot initialize

Postby hokelvin66 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:17 pm

hello guys,

i brought the mp3 shield when it first release and it work great for the old library (i using arduino due). Since cytron has release new library for the shield and i decided to test it out with my UNO board, however the initialized process failed.

The detail are as follow:
Example code : PlayATrack.ino
sdcard memory :8GB

Serial Monitor:
Screenshot_9.png
Serial monitor

Jumper:
DSC_0119.JPG

Inside SD card:
Screenshot_10.png

Thanks
hokelvin66
Novice

Re: Cytron MP3 shield cannot initialize

Postby bengchet » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi,

From the pictures you have shown to us, it might be caused by the name of the sta013.cfg file. Please change the name to lowercase and try again. If it still doesn't work, please download the sta013.cfg file here and put it in microSD card. The file is under extras->Configuration file.

Please inform us the new result. Thanks! :D
bengchet

Postby hokelvin66 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:35 pm

Thanks for the reply, i do change the file you mentioned before. However the problem still persists
hokelvin66
Novice

Postby bengchet » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:42 am

Hi,

If the initialisation problem still exists, it is most probably due to SdFat library. Is the SdFat library you are using older version or the one downloaded from here->extras folder? SdFat library used in MP3 library is the latest version, which supports the reading of long file names. You will have to place this new SdFat library folder into Arduino libraries directory. If you have the older version, you will have to delete it(or make backup somewhere) and replace it with latest version.

Do check the link here and search for How to Install and Let's give it a Test section, to see if you are missing anything else.

If none of the solutions above works, you can try updating your Arduino IDE version to 1.6.5. However do backup your additional libraries you have installed before you do so.

Cheers! ;)
bengchet

Postby hokelvin66 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:08 am

Hi,

Thanks for the another reply. Basically i have follow all the steps on the link you gave and the SdFat library i used is the library inside the extra folder. The arduino IDE version currently using is 1.6.5.Moreover i change my SD card to 4 GB but it still not work. :D

thanks and peace!
hokelvin66
Novice

Postby hokelvin66 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:25 am

well i change my UNO board to Mega where it work perfectly and thanks for the reply
hokelvin66
Novice

Postby bengchet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:38 am

Hi,

Well, that's weird :) Because the library is compatible with Arduino Uno board as well. You might try your Uno Board again with any SdFat example to see if your SD card can be read using Uno board. If the problem still exists, that means may be there is something wrong with ICSP header on your Uno board. However glad the library works on Arduino Mega! :D Thanks!
bengchet

Postby bengchet » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi,

It is better if you can show us some screenshots on how you setup all stuff. It is hard to narrow down the problem without any pictures. You may share with us the picture of your MP3 shield and CT UNO which are stacked together, top view of MP3 shield especially the mini jumpers, content of your SD card, example coding that you use. Please inform us too if you are using other devices or shield or making any other connections. It is important!!

azlan.k WROTE:
i have follow the setup you give before but still the same.

I am not sure what is the setup you refer to but do refer to this link for the proper hookup.

Thanks.
bengchet

Postby bengchet » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:52 am

Hi,

Seems like the problem comes from reading files from SD card. However you can know the details on how initialisation failed by doing following.

Step 1: Go to arduino library folder -> mp3 library folder -> src and open MP3Player.h.

Step 2: Modify the following line #define DEBUG 0 to #define DEBUG 1. Save and close the file.

Step 3: Compile the same sketch ListMP3Files to Arduino and open Serial Monitor to see the details on how init failed.

Thanks.
bengchet

Postby bengchet » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi,

It should show the error on how initialisation failed. Btw, we notice that your Arduino IDE is a bit too 'updated'. Here is the download link for offcial latest Arduino IDE 1.6.6. You can try install it , download the MP3 and SdFat library and try upload the sketch again.
bengchet

Next

Return to Arduino Based