Ethernet Shield - Failed to configure via DHCP

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Ethernet Shield - Failed to configure via DHCP

Postby Idris » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:48 am

This inquiry is from Vincent. Hope other members can help. Thanks.

----------
I just bought an Ethernet Shield from Cytron about a week ago and right now I'm facing an issue on it. 
I'd attached a Dropbox link which has a video to show the issue that I'd faced.
It showed a "Failed to configure via DHCP" when I used the Serial Monitor to test run the sample code in Arduino software. 
Checked the connection and changed the LAN cable countless times and it doesn't works.
Can you provide me some solution on it?
Dropbox link:
V_20170711_202921.mp4
----------
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Re: Ethernet Shield - Failed to configure via DHCP

Postby bengchet » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi,

Few things to clarify:
1) LED on Ethernet Shield near to ARED and GND is LED pin 13 on Arduino. If LED is blinking, meaning may be you have programmed Arduino to blink pin 13.
2) If you are not connecting LAN cable, only PWR LED is lit up on Ethernet Shield.

Once the LAN cable is pluggin in, LED LINK, 100M, FULLD should be turned on (Check LED above the label). My suggestion is to try with other Ethernet LAN cables and see how it goes.
bengchet

Re: Ethernet Shield - Failed to configure via DHCP

Postby Vincent Hoong » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi,

Firstly appreciate for your help on solving this question.

1) LED on Ethernet Shield near to ARED and GND is LED pin 13 on Arduino. If LED is blinking, meaning may be you have programmed Arduino to blink pin 13.
Okay...actually for this video sorry I never demonstrate the Failed to configure issue because I found out later that the main issue is before I start testing it, I should make sure those lights are on.

2) If you are not connecting LAN cable, only PWR LED is lit up on Ethernet Shield.

Once the LAN cable is pluggin in, LED LINK, 100M, FULLD should be turned on (Check LED above the label). My suggestion is to try with other Ethernet LAN cables and see how it goes.

Without LAN connection, yes mine only have PWR LED lit up.
But when it's connected, after some time, only the 100M and FULLD lit up (I suspect that's connection problem).
THE LED LINK DOESN'T LIT UP
I'd tried changing the LAN cables for many times already. I even change 3 Arduino boards just to make sure it's not the mother board problem.
Vincent Hoong
Freshie

Return to Arduino Based