How to turn off blue led on maker uno?

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

How to turn off blue led on maker uno?

Postby 9w2ver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi. I'm want to turn off all the blue led on maker uno. Does someone know how to do it? I will pair maker uno with i2c lcd so i don't need the blue leds
9w2ver
Fledgling

Re: How to turn off blue led on maker uno?

Postby Idris » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi 9w2ver,

The LED in Maker UNO can't be disable. It is permanent in the board unless you dissemble it. :) Any reason you want to disable the LED? The LED didn't disturb I2C pins (A4, A5), you still can control the I2C LCD. To light off the LED, just set it to OUTPUT LOW.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby andrewraj » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:52 pm

Ouch! I'm also looking for this. I have done a project and would like to mount the maker uno. The LEDs are quite disturbing. If I were to set all the pins to low except the ones I need it to be HIGH, would there be any issues?
andrewraj
Fledgling

Postby Idris » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:52 pm

andrewraj WROTE:Ouch! I'm also looking for this. I have done a project and would like to mount the maker uno. The LEDs are quite disturbing. If I were to set all the pins to low except the ones I need it to be HIGH, would there be any issues?

If by setting the pins to LOW (just want to turn off the LED) is not affect your system operation, go ahead, no problem. :D
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Arduino Based