Arduino Mega 2560 cannot be detected by computer

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino Mega 2560 cannot be detected by computer

Postby marcustan97 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:12 am

Hi, I'm new to Arduino and just started trying it out a few days ago. The board was working fine in the beginning but it suddenly cannot be detected by the computer anymore. Currently the ON LED lights up while the Orange LED blinks 2 times when I plug it in and it remains as it is. Attached the device manager list that shows the board cannot he detected. Hope that there's solutions to problem. Thanks.
Attachments
received_178257989751254.png
Device manager list
marcustan97
Greenhorn

Re: Arduino Mega 2560 cannot be detected by computer

Postby Idris » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi marcustan97,

Did you do anything before "suddenly cannot be detected"? If yes, could you share it with us here?
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby marcustan97 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi Idris, sorry didn't mention, I was following the ESPresso Lite V2 with AT Firmware tutorial (Simple IOT Application with Arduino Uno), managed to upload the code once but the serial monitor displayed "WiFi shield not present", so I removed the WiFi module and uploaded the code again but halfway it says "timeout". After that the Arduino board cannot be detected.
marcustan97
Greenhorn

Postby Idris » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi marcustan97,

Could you try with other laptop/PC? If the problem persist, you can fill up the Support Form, and choose Product malfunction, request for warranty. Please share this thread link on the Faulty or other details. You may need to return the product later for further verification.

Thanks.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby marcustan97 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi Adris, thanks for your reply, have tried on other PCs but still can't be detected. Will take the necessary action. Thanks for your assistance!
marcustan97
Greenhorn

Return to Arduino Based