ARM Cortex M0 doesn't work with Ethernet?

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

ARM Cortex M0 doesn't work with Ethernet?

Postby bjp » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:25 am

I'm trying to compile a sketch that uses the Ethernet.h Arduino library for my Cytron ARM Cortex M0 Arduino but I'm getting the following errors:

CODE: SELECT_ALL_CODE
Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: "CT-ARM"

libraries\Ethernet\utility\w5100.cpp.o: In function `SPIClass::transfer(void*, unsigned int, SPITransferMode)':

C:\Users\bjpca\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\cytron\hardware\arm\1.1.0\libraries\SPI/SPI.h:76: undefined reference to `SPIClass::transfer(unsigned char, void*, unsigned int, SPITransferMode)'

C:\Users\bjpca\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\cytron\hardware\arm\1.1.0\libraries\SPI/SPI.h:76: undefined reference to `SPIClass::transfer(unsigned char, void*, unsigned int, SPITransferMode)'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Error compiling for board CT-ARM.

I can successfully build, upload, and run the Blink example, and this sketch works fine on a standard Uno. What should I do to get it to work on the Cytron?
bjp
Fledgling

Re: ARM Cortex M0 doesn't work with Ethernet?

Postby Idris » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:28 am

Hi bjp,

It seems like the library is not compatible. If you wish to involve internet on your project using CT-ARM, I suggest to use with Cytron ESP8266 WiFi Shield.

Hope this helps.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Arduino Based