Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Postby pic16 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:41 pm

i'm poor in english and just an electronic hobbyist.
pic16
Amateur

Re: decrease output voltage(not constant)

Postby shahrul » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:02 pm

What you mean? Is that you want invert the voltage, when the input increase, the output is decrease? Maybe you can design using Op-Amp.
shahrul
Professional

Re: decrease output voltage(not constant)

Postby pic16 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:59 am

shahrul WROTE:What you mean? Is that you want invert the voltage, when the input increase, the output is decrease? Maybe you can design using Op-Amp.

hi, sorry i have re-edit my question...
pic16
Amateur

Re: thermometer reading

Postby robosang » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:18 pm

pic 16, not really understand the relationship between the attachment and your question.

Your attachment seem to be some Op-Amp, but your question is related to temperature sensor and 7 segments.

pic16 WROTE:Hi,
with every 10mV increase, the temperature will increase 1Celsius.
so, are that posible to plug in some 7-segment LED display to show out the Celsius reading?

I think the question should be with 1 degree Celsius of increase in temperature, the output voltage will increase 10mV, right? It is not the voltage that change the temperature, is the temperature that changes the voltage out from temperature sensor.

It is possible to use 7-segment to do show the reading, but there is not decoder/chip that directly read voltage from temperature sensor and convert it into 7 segment display. Using microcontroller will be the simplest and flexible method, as far as I know. :D
robosang
Expert

Postby pic16 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 am

robosang WROTE:pic 16, not really understand the relationship between the attachment and your question.

Your attachment seem to be some Op-Amp, but your question is related to temperature sensor and 7 segments.

pic16 WROTE:Hi,
so, are that posible to plug in some 7-segment LED display to show out the Celsius reading?

I think the question should be with 1 degree Celsius of increase in temperature, the output voltage will increase 10mV, right? It is not the voltage that change the temperature, is the temperature that changes the voltage out from temperature sensor.

It is possible to use 7-segment to do show the reading, but there is not decoder/chip that directly read voltage from temperature sensor and convert it into 7 segment display. Using microcontroller will be the simplest and flexible method, as far as I know. :D

hi,
sorry , you are right, i say it reversely :oops:
should be with 1 degree Celsius of increase in temperature, the output voltage will increase 10mV :lol:

did that any other way to get the reading, if i don't want to use microcontroller that need doing programming?
pic16
Amateur

Postby ober » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:14 am

pic16 WROTE:did that any other way to get the reading, if i don't want to use microcontroller that need doing programming?

I would agree with robosang, I don see any "simple" and "straight-forward" solution by using "non-microcontroller" method in your requirement. However, that is from my experience, other might have and are free to give guidance.

If there is simple solution, I would really want to know too.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby pic16 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 am

ober WROTE:
pic16 WROTE:did that any other way to get the reading, if i don't want to use microcontroller that need doing programming?

I would agree with robosang, I don see any "simple" and "straight-forward" solution by using "non-microcontroller" method in your requirement. However, that is from my experience, other might have and are free to give guidance.

That's why i asking this question here.... :roll:

or any "middle-complex" circuit could make it?(as long no to use uC) ;)
pic16
Amateur

Postby Brian Griffin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:12 pm

ober WROTE:

You can. I believe there is a seperate ADC chip with a 3 1/2 display driver sold in some electronic stores. Put the voltage from the sensor to the input, tune up the reference voltage. It's called Intersil ICL7106/7. Best of all, you can connect the 7-segment display on it.
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby pic16 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Brian Griffin WROTE:
ober WROTE:

You can. I believe there is a seperate ADC chip with a 3 1/2 display driver sold in some electronic stores. Put the voltage from the sensor to the input, tune up the reference voltage. It's called Intersil ICL7106/7. Best of all, you can connect the 7-segment display on it.

Did you think it work? i have some ICL7107 in my toolbox :P
pic16
Amateur

Postby Brian Griffin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 pm

pic16 WROTE:Did you think it work? i have some ICL7107 in my toolbox :P

The datasheet contains information on wiring it. And of course, make sure you have a temperature sensor too, and a potentiometer should you need to adjust the reference voltage.
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Next

Return to Misc Project