Intruder alarm

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Re: Intruder alarm

Postby krys » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:12 am

ABSF WROTE:
If you want the whole thing Battery operated. Do it as suggested by Brian using a clock and a PIC. Since the job is very simple a 16F628a and DS1307 should do. you'll need a few switches to set the present time as well as the ON and OFF time. Not sure whether you need a LCD display to see the time or some LED to indicate that the clock is running.

Allen

When you said use 16F628a and DS1307, do you mean I need to use both or just one of them in the circuit?

royalstorm7 WROTE:krys
if want to ignore all the lite stuff, u should turn to PIR sensor....and using timer to register the nite and day...or as alternative u can use photo sensor from electrical shop (normally for street lighting) to detect the day and nite.....ez bro

Do you mean that I can use PIR instead of going for 16F628 and DS1307?

And I already troubleshoot the circuit as you suggested. But the voltage at pin 3 is 8V instead of 4.5V. Is it because the circuit is still triggered by the surrounding light?
krys
Novice

Postby robosang » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:50 pm

krys WROTE:When you said use 16F628a and DS1307, do you mean I need to use both or just one of them in the circuit?

I think Allen mean combination of PIC16F628A and DS1307. DS1307 cannot be standalone chip, is useless :)
robosang
Expert

Postby royalstorm7 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:45 am

Do you mean that I can use PIR instead of going for 16F628 and DS1307?

PIR as a sensor as well as input to the microC...lets say 16F628...

roslan
royalstorm7@yahoo.com
find me in facebook
royalstorm7
Apprentice

Postby krys » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:10 pm

My panel for my project wants me to change it into PIC. While I'm searching for it, I came across the schematic below. I would like to know if I want to power up the circuit using battery, which part of the schematic do I need to modify? And do I have to change the coding as well?

the coding url : http://www.cytron.com.my/attachment/Sam ... 20PR14.zip

the schematic url : http://www.cytron.com.my/usr_attachment ... ematic.pdf
krys
Novice

Postby ABSF » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:51 am

krys WROTE:My panel for my project wants me to change it into PIC. While I'm searching for it, I came across the schematic below. I would like to know if I want to power up the circuit using battery, which part of the schematic do I need to modify? And do I have to change the coding as well?

That's a good choice for an Intruder alarm system. Yes, you can power the circuit using 6 x AA alkaline battery of 9V. No modification is required. If you still want the to implement the clock function, you still have enough port pins for the DS1307 and LCD for setting the clock.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby krys » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:32 pm

The schematic stated that I need UIC00A. But I can't seem it find it anywhere it Proteus 7.6. Do I need to create it myself?

I'm confused about the connection of the battery. It's stated that one terminal of the battery will be connected to the switch. The other terminal is connected to the PIR or the ground?
krys
Novice

Postby ABSF » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:51 pm

krys WROTE:I'm confused about the connection of the battery. It's stated that one terminal of the battery will be connected to the switch. The other terminal is connected to the PIR or the ground?

the positive of battery is connected to the switch and the negative to the ground.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby krys » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Can you check my connection for the project? How do I attach the file here?
krys
Novice

Postby ABSF » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:20 pm

krys WROTE:Can you check my connection for the project? How do I attach the file here?

http://forum.cytron.com.my/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10488&p=12113&hilit=attach+file#p12113

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby krys » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:33 pm

It is said that the extension dsn is not allowed. How can I attach the project then?

When I simulate the project, there are square colored box beside the PIC. Some are peach. some are blue and some are grey. what's the meaning of each color?

And supposedly the red LED blinks, but it doesn't blink. When I test for the voltage probe, it said that the voltage is zero. Why did this happened?

How do I create PCB footing for battery and GP2D120? Proteus doesn't have PCB layout for them though.
krys
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Misc Project