Intruder alarm

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Re: Intruder alarm

Postby krys » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Does this mean I finally get the circuit arrangement correct? If so, can I proceed to the designing of PCB? And, how do I burn the coding into the PIC?
krys
Novice

Postby ABSF » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:36 pm

The High side of your 3 switches are connected to the Input side of the 7805. The voltage there might be too high for the PIC RA0-2. That is a potential hazard and might destroy your PIC in long run. And dont forget to put in your OSC circuit. 8-)

You might also put a 10 pin male socket for the UIC00B programmer. The component is "TRANS 10 DIL" and the footprint on PCB should match the socket used by the cytron programmer. I seldom make PCB cause most of my projects are using stripboard combined with wire wrapping. May be someone who is familiar with Proteus PCB can help you. ;)

Why not just make one and see if it works. That way you can learn from errors..... :mrgreen:

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby ABSF » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:48 pm

I checked the cytron site and found that the whole PR14 kits only costs rm88. It includes a 16f876, buzzer, one PIR module and a glass fibre PCB and the programmer socket. Easy to trouble-shoot if it is not working. You can order it together with the UIC00B programmer as well.

Saves you all the troubles making your own PCB.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby krys » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 am

ABSF WROTE:What is the state (H or L) of MCLR when your circuit is running.
In you DC supply, you use Vdd and Vcc interchangeably. Was it allowed by Proteus?
Try put a DC voltmeter on all the Vcc and Vdd points and see if +5V is there.

The 7805 and the crystal osc circuits are optional for the simulation unless you want to make the PCB. You can leave them out for simplicity.

Allen

Will it affect the real hardware if I just cut the crystal since the simulation is running normally even without it? And why the Vdd and Vcc is 5V instead of other value?
krys
Novice

Postby ABSF » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:21 pm

The 7805 and the crystal osc circuits are optional for the simulation

I only said they are "optional" for the simulation BUT I didn't say "you can leave them out in the PCB", did I? :o

Well, the best way for you to find out is this......You just include the copper trace of cyrstal in the PCB but dont mount them in the PCB. See if it work or not, OK? In some PICs, they do have a 4MHz internal RC oscillator, but I am not sure about 16F876. Try to read the datasheet yourself. :mrgreen:

As the other question about Vdd and Vcc, I'll let you find out yourself in the Protues Help files or just google on them. :twisted:

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby krys » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:03 pm

So, if they have internal RC oscillator, then it's okay to cut out the crystal part?
krys
Novice

Postby robosang » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 pm

This is what happen when people help..... they ask for more, right 8-) , agree Allen?

PIC16F876 do not have internal oscillator, an external oscillator is a must. Only the new model such as PIC16F886, 887, 1933....etc have internal oscillator.

That is one of the reason those that do simulation cannot do real hardware, too many of assumption in simulation. The result? They say I DID it in simulation, everything works as program, but why the hardware cannot work, it must be the hardware problem :D
robosang
Expert

Postby ABSF » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:17 am

I dont see it this way.... ;) Some people like to learn the easy way but some like to learn the HARD way. It is all our choices. I never get upset about it. May be on the way to finding out the truth the hard way, he can remember better vise versa. Anyway I appreciate his enthusiasm and curiosity to learn. Some others are just too shy to ask stupid questions.. :mrgreen:

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby Brian Griffin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:24 am

Depending too much on the simulation isn't going to help the design either. The hardware should be built and tested accordingly. 8-)
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby krys » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks for your help. Everything went okay, though the buzzer buzz non-stop right after the circuit is connected to the battery.
krys
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Misc Project