automatic light & fan speed control system

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

automatic light & fan speed control system

Postby amiruhafu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:08 pm

I do not know about the smart home system in detail. My understanding is that the system works automatically. but every part of the drive system, I do not know. This title is my final semester project.

This project works when a person enters the house and the lights and fans will open automatically.

first of all I would like to ask about the pic and sensors that are used in this project?
if possible attach an example circuit?
I hope I will get new knowledge through this project. tq :D
amiruhafu
Freshie

Re: automatic light & fan speed control system

Postby royalstorm7 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:14 pm

hi bro...
attached is my previous smart home project...PIC16F877A online...4 poles AC auto switching....basically, it can register the number of people in that room by differentiate in and out ... so that the system can response specifically by regulate the fan speed and lighting intensity ....it can be activated remotely by RF device ... safety feature (alarm)can be enabled or disabled by user using RF device just like a car.... its can be ran in manual, auto or sleep mode where the response are slightly differ ... and many more

tqvm
roslan mat nor
royalstorm7@yahoo.com
Attachments
DSCN0170.jpg
royalstorm7
Apprentice

Postby amiruhafu » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:11 am

royalstorm7 WROTE:hi bro...
attached is my previous smart home project...PIC16F877A online...4 poles AC auto switching....basically, it can register the number of people in that room by differentiate in and out ... so that the system can response specifically by regulate the fan speed and lighting intensity ....it can be activated remotely by RF device ... safety feature (alarm)can be enabled or disabled by user using RF device just like a car.... its can be ran in manual, auto or sleep mode where the response are slightly differ ... and many more

tqvm
roslan mat nor
royalstorm7@yahoo.com

hii.
i was very impressed with your project. the requirement for my project is simple. as you said that this system can response by regulate the fan speed and the light intensity. what sensor need to be used for detect the presence of people enter the room.
is there any circuit diagram that i can use as reference? tqvm :)
amiruhafu
Freshie

Postby royalstorm7 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:41 am

i'm using ir sensor to detect any object, by using multiple of them and time lag analysis..the sensor is pretty simple but the code take care all the tricky algorithms , .. other than that, simple magnet switch to demonstrates the safety features....
royalstorm7
Apprentice

Postby amiruhafu » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:01 am

royalstorm7 WROTE:i'm using ir sensor to detect any object, by using multiple of them and time lag analysis..the sensor is pretty simple but the code take care all the tricky algorithms , .. other than that, simple magnet switch to demonstrates the safety features....

magnetic switch will work together when we close it and the lights will be closed, right?
so you use multiple of sensor to detect the presence of people inside the room.
what kind of ir sensor that suit for this project?
because there a lot of sensor with different range and price.
amiruhafu
Freshie

Postby royalstorm7 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:08 am

amiruhafu WROTE:
royalstorm7 WROTE:i'm using ir sensor to detect any object, by using multiple of them and time lag analysis..the sensor is pretty simple but the code take care all the tricky algorithms , .. other than that, simple magnet switch to demonstrates the safety features....

magnetic switch will work together when we close it and the lights will be closed, right?
so you use multiple of sensor to detect the presence of people inside the room.
what kind of ir sensor that suit for this project?
because there a lot of sensor with different range and price.

the magnetic switch is a devices to register any unnecessary door opening or any other entrance point whenever the safety feature are enabled....multiple ir sensor is to differentiate when people enter or leaving the room .... lets say the system running in auto mode and no people in that room...the first people presence will activate the sensor sequence and add '1' to the system counter...then the system action as per appropriate ... the next presence will add another '1' and plus some action...and so on...but if someone leaving the room the sensor will tell the system to subtract '1' from the system and do some action...by doing this, the system will make sure all the fan and lighting are turned off (or put it on minimum) if the counter value is zero.. in fact there to many features in this system...so that i just can't tell the detail in here...!

there a lots of sensor out there, its depend on your project scale.. for me, its home brew ir coz its model version...if u re looking for a serious sensor, SN-E18-B03N1 .. from cytron can be ur best candidate ....
royalstorm7
Apprentice

Postby amiruhafu » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:57 am

i'm not used to practical. that's why i have lot of questions circling in my head.

can i just email you? tq
amiruhafu
Freshie

Return to Misc Project