Parking navigator system....

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Parking navigator system....

Postby holyhelper » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi, I m a computer student and my final year project is about parking system. It can detect the parking availability and send to the mobile for the user and allow them to know where got any empty parking spaces. And I want to use car reverse sensor to put infront of the every parking lot(just only 4 in small modal) and i want the sensor to detect the object infront(in the parking lot) then sent the data to the computer. So, eventually it will need a microchip to convert the signal to computer language right? So, here comes the problem. My electrical course friend's cannot help me on building the circuit and coding the things(They busy with their projects, exam and so on, so i don't want to disturb them too much)....... And the point is i need to present it after 3 weeks more...... (on 19 December). So I want to ask a few question hope someone can help me solve it as soon as possible..... The website/mobile application/database part already done, just need the PIC to send the data to fill the database up.

equipment I want to use :
a) Just a myvi reverse sensor
b) IC PIC16F628 to convert the signal.

question:
a) do we really need the sensor and PIC connect to the circuit board just can work things out?
b) issit IC PIC16F628 can be use in detecting & convert the car reverse sensor?
b) anyone can help me draft out the circuit plan and list all the items that i should buy? (I going to take the plan and let the shop help me to put it all together....)
c) After the circuit are put together on the board, can we use USB ICSP PIC Programmer V2010 to code on the PIC?

hope you all can understand my problem and help me solve it ASAP...... tqvm.....
holyhelper
Greenhorn

Re: Parking navigator system....

Postby gadgetng » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am

If you only doing a prototype. I suggest you to use this sensor, easy and straight forward.
http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pcode=SN-E18-D80NK&name=Adjustable%20Infrared%20Sensor%20Switch
There's a tutorial on the interfacing in its product page. You can refer to the schematic and the programming.

For connecting to the computer. The easiest way i can think of is using USB to UART converter, UC00A or UC00B. I have tried UC00A before. You can refer the tutorial project 13 listed in the product page. Again, you can refer to their schematic and the programming.

So basically what u need is
digital sensors->PIC with a startup kit (SK40C) ->UC00A->computer
gadgetng
Discoverer

Postby holyhelper » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:19 pm

gadgetng WROTE:If you only doing a prototype. I suggest you to use this sensor, easy and straight forward.
http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pcode=SN-E18-D80NK&name=Adjustable%20Infrared%20Sensor%20Switch
There's a tutorial on the interfacing in its product page. You can refer to the schematic and the programming.

For connecting to the computer. The easiest way i can think of is using USB to UART converter, UC00A or UC00B. I have tried UC00A before. You can refer the tutorial project 13 listed in the product page. Again, you can refer to their schematic and the programming.

oic, so this is the easiest way for a total newbie like me after all? I hope it takes a short time to finished it because I'm going to present on 18 December, luckily I almost finish the application(computer coding & database part). So next week i just focus on this electronic thinggy and 1 more week for my report and presentation. So, can I inbox you if I got problem?

issit the sensor just need to connect the wire to the board only?

anyway, tq for your idea. I think it help me alot if I manage to finish it in time! ^^
holyhelper
Greenhorn

Postby zhenning » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 pm

holyhelper WROTE:
gadgetng WROTE:If you only doing a prototype. I suggest you to use this sensor, easy and straight forward.

oic, so this is the easiest way for a total newbie like me after all? I hope it takes a short time to finished it because I'm going to present on 18 December, luckily I almost finish the application(computer coding & database part). So next week i just focus on this electronic thinggy and 1 more week for my report and presentation. So, can I inbox you if I got problem?

anyway, tq for your idea. I think it help me alot if I manage to finish it in time! ^^

nothing is easy. You will find the problems once you get your hand on it =.=
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby holyhelper » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:16 pm

zhenning WROTE:
holyhelper WROTE:

nothing is easy. You will find the problems once you get your hand on it =.=

yaya, I will give my best to do it! ^^
holyhelper
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:27 am

my prediction, same as zhenning...... there are tones of work to do :) 2 weeks is not sufficient for beginner.
robosang
Expert

Postby gadgetng » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:08 am

holyhelper WROTE:

issit the sensor just need to connect the wire to the board only?

:lol: You should share your outcome including the problem you are facing at here. I'm only an amateur.. Others in this forum could share their ideas too.
gadgetng
Discoverer

Return to Misc Project