Attendance system

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Re: Attendance system

Postby zhenning » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:15 pm

The terminal using cat and echo cannot detect response. I think it is possible to open one terminal and use cat so it will keep polling for and reply. And use echo on the other terminal. Cutecom seems to be good to try. Try also putty and minocom. See if any works. Before that, make sure the settings are correct especially the baud rates. :)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Re: Attendance system

Postby zhenning » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Marvin_G WROTE:
zhenning WROTE:
Marvin_G WROTE:do i really need to put the "" thing when writing the command to the device?

Yes you need that. What are you trying to do first? I believe there is one row of commands rather than just 0xF5?

if you can go to this link and download it's manual you might can help me because i don't really know how the command works. http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.ph ... er%20(UART)

yes theres a row of command such as " 0xF50xF5000000xF5 " this command is for deleting all the data inside the DSP processor of the fingerprint reader.

Try also different way of sending the command. Sending it one go without commas. If you havent try it yet? ;)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Misc Project