Attendance system

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Attendance system

Postby Marvin_G » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Hye guys, im currently conducting an attendance system project. In this project i used Fingerprint UART, 2 RF transmitter, 2 RF receiver, UC00B, and an ARM processor (linux debian platform).

UC00B will be connected to ARM processor usb female .1 RF transmitter and 1 RF receiver will be connected to UC00B. While on the other hand, the fingerprint UART will be connected to 1 RF transmitter and 1 RF Receiver. So, basically the ARM processor and fingerprint UART will be connected in wireless. Will that be possible?

Second question is, to send command from ARM processor which runs in linux debian platform, what is the best software i could use? Help me guys thank you.
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Re: Attendance system

Postby zhenning » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:33 am

Marvin_G WROTE:UC00B will be connected to ARM processor usb female .1 RF transmitter and 1 RF receiver will be connected to UC00B. While on the other hand, the fingerprint UART will be connected to 1 RF transmitter and 1 RF Receiver. So, basically the ARM processor and fingerprint UART will be connected in wireless. Will that be possible?

Depends on which rf modules you need, if the rf modules are uart based then, you no need to have UC00B. Should be possible. Do try out and let us know 8-)

Marvin_G WROTE:Second question is, to send command from ARM processor which runs in linux debian platform, what is the best software i could use?

The linux very best: terminal
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Marvin_G » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:36 pm

zhenning WROTE:
Marvin_G WROTE:UC00B will be connected to ARM processor usb female .1 RF transmitter and 1 RF receiver will be connected to UC00B. While on the other hand, the fingerprint UART will be connected to 1 RF transmitter and 1 RF Receiver. So, basically the ARM processor and fingerprint UART will be connected in wireless. Will that be possible?

Depends on which rf modules you need, if the rf modules are uart based then, you no need to have UC00B. Should be possible. Do try out and let us know 8-)

Marvin_G WROTE:Second question is, to send command from ARM processor which runs in linux debian platform, what is the best software i could use?

thank you very much. after i succeed i'll update here. ^^,
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Postby Marvin_G » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm

zhenning WROTE:

About the software, i need the processor to send command to the fingerprint reader automatically once i turn it on or click on something. I mean i will create a program to send command and put it in external database such as MySql and i need the program to run automatically once i turn on the processor. can i use MPLAB IDE?
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Postby gadgetng » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:53 pm

MPLab IDE is just for PIC microcontroller from Microchip.
gadgetng
Discoverer

Postby zhenning » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Marvin_G WROTE:About the software, i need the processor to send command to the fingerprint reader automatically once i turn it on or click on something. I mean i will create a program to send command and put it in external database such as MySql and i need the program to run automatically once i turn on the processor. can i use MPLAB IDE?

You want to use MPLAB IDE for? These are compilers and they generate codes so that it can be burn onto your chips. Are you making an MySQL table that burns the code to the processor each time it starts??? For ARM you cannot use MPLAB IDE, its only for PIC. You need ARM compilers, keil, code sourcery, etc. You need the GUI to run automatically?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby zhenning » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:48 pm

Marvin_G WROTE:Hye guys, im currently conducting an attendance system project. In this project i used Fingerprint UART, 2 RF transmitter, 2 RF receiver, UC00B, and an ARM processor (linux debian platform).

Have you got the Fingerprint sensor and ARM processor working properly with MySQL? Adding the RF modules will add another dimension of problems and errors to troubleshoot. So, I suggest you get it done without the rf modules, then, only start to think about others.
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Marvin_G » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:12 pm

zhenning WROTE:
Marvin_G WROTE:About the software, i need the processor to send command to the fingerprint reader automatically once i turn it on or click on something. I mean i will create a program to send command and put it in external database such as MySql and i need the program to run automatically once i turn on the processor. can i use MPLAB IDE?

You want to use MPLAB IDE for? These are compilers and they generate codes so that it can be burn onto your chips. Are you making an MySQL table that burns the code to the processor each time it starts??? For ARM you cannot use MPLAB IDE, its only for PIC. You need ARM compilers, keil, code sourcery, etc. You need the GUI to run automatically?

the ARM processor running linux debian platform,why it cant use MPLAB X IDE?

example, my GUI is generated by PHP. whenever i press a "button" maybe its called "start matching",then a .exe file is executed. not really automatically. That .exe file, can it be generated using MPLAB X IDE?
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Postby zhenning » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Marvin_G WROTE:
zhenning WROTE:

example, my GUI is generated by PHP. whenever i press a "button" maybe its called "start matching",then a .exe file is executed. not really automatically. That .exe file, can it be generated using MPLAB X IDE?

As I have told you before, MPLAB IDE/ MPLAB X is a cross compiler for PIC and only PIC compiler. THAT IS: It generates the binary for PIC microcontroller architecture and it has to be loaded into the chip. If you use another microcontroller: Atmel, then, you need Arduino, AVR Studio and etc.It cannot be use to make GUIs.THUS, you cannot use it. Can you? ARM architecture is different. It needs other binaries and implement a different set of codes. The .exe you build is a GUI and it needs other language and IDE. That is: Visual Basic, Qt, C#, Python, etc. These requires other IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Qt Creator and many more.... So, do you understand?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Marvin_G » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:50 am

zhenning WROTE:
Marvin_G WROTE:
zhenning WROTE:

As I have told you before, MPLAB IDE/ MPLAB X is a cross compiler for PIC and only PIC compiler. THAT IS: It generates the binary for PIC microcontroller architecture and it has to be loaded into the chip. If you use another microcontroller: Atmel, then, you need Arduino, AVR Studio and etc.It cannot be use to make GUIs.THUS, you cannot use it. Can you? ARM architecture is different. It needs other binaries and implement a different set of codes. The .exe you build is a GUI and it needs other language and IDE. That is: Visual Basic, Qt, C#, Python, etc. These requires other IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Qt Creator and many more.... So, do you understand?

Now only i know. Thank you. Ok lets say i wanted to send several set of commands to my fingerprint reader (which is a DSP processor) through UART. So,what is the best software for it? besides using terminal?

second is, i'm using webpage (which is created using PHP) as my GUI and i wanted to execute terminal function inside of it. Example like, when i press "start matching" button in my GUI, it send a set of command using terminal through the UART to the DSP processor. IS that possible?

p/s: i hope you don't mind me asking so much question :)
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Next

Return to Misc Project