Pressure power generation devices

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Pressure power generation devices

Postby ken_alone » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:08 am

Hi there... I would like to ask is there any device that can converts pressure/force to electricity that help to sustain energy usage in any devices? i have made some research and all i got return is about piezoelectrics. Though, piezo's are not frequently found in Malaysia right? I just managed to get some ultrasonic application for piezoelectric and i'm not sure whether it is applicable for this idea. Mind share me some ideas regarding the devices? thanks. If you have power based project which is not analysis based and commonly introduced project, mind share with me. I'm running out of ideas on project for power based... thanks...^^
ken_alone
Apprentice

Re: Pressure power generation devices

Postby yonghui » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:34 pm

U can find piezo in a gas stove. When u turn the knod to turn on the gas stove. There is internal mechanism hit the pieozo module and generate electric spark. If u put ur hand near the spark u will get electric shock
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Re: Pressure power generation devices

Postby ken_alone » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 pm

the stove is electric stove or normal gas stove? then the piezo concept is by turning knob the and piezo create electricity by that? will it be related to pressure??
ken_alone
Apprentice

Return to Misc Project