Experiencing Pcduino

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Experiencing Pcduino

Postby echentj » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:16 am

Hi,
Before I get one of this board, I was new to Linux, Python and etc. After a few round of trials, I managed to follow the tutorials and started to learn to program it. I used to use my laptop to write and program a arduino uno, now i would use my pcduino to do the job. Pcduino is a arduino and a mini PC. Besides that it runs Android too!

More over, it has Pyduino ( a programming language called Python) now. That mean, we will have near OPP language
for Arduino. It is just awesome.

Below are a few links that might help;
http://www.mon-club-elec.fr/
http://www.pcduino.com/

echentj
echentj
Novice

Re: Experiencing Pcduino

Postby robosang » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Thanks for sharing, no time and budget to experience it yet :D

How is it compare to Raspberry Pi?
robosang
Expert

Postby echentj » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Hi robosan,

I don't have experience on Res-Pi. From the paper, the hardware spec of Pcduino is better than Ras-pi. Infect there is another single broad from Hardkernel (South Korea) which use Sumsung quad core arm SOP chip. This SOp is the same uP that used in Sumsung Galaxy S4. So image recognition projects and open cv project run very well on this broad.
echentj
Novice

Postby robosang » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 am

Woh... Having hard time to catch up :) Anyway, thanks for the info, appreciate it.
robosang
Expert

Postby echentj » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:11 am

Hi Robosang,

My mistake, the Sumsung quad core processor is a SoC (system on chip) not SoP. So to the Pcduino is using Allwinner A10 single core Arm v7 SoC.

There are some good inspiration projects posted on hardkernel home page. (www.hardkernel.com)
On the same time, we can change this small wonder into our mini Desktop + leisure entertainment provider. It is also
environment friendly, it consumes around 2A at 5V and saves space for a desktop casing.
echentj
Novice

Return to Misc Project