micro controller project

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

micro controller project

Postby angidain » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:44 am

currently i'm doing a project that required input voltage 0.5V and specified current (not decided yet).. actually i can just use signal generator to supply the voltage but in this project i want to use microcontroller instead of signal generator. This microcontroller will be programmed to supply 0.5v and specified current to my circuit..can you give me suggestion what type of microcontroller that can be used for my project?
thanks for ur help.. :oops:
angidain

Re: micro controller project

Postby sich » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 am

What's the purpose of this 0.5v? If you want to use it as power supply for a circuit, I don't think you need mcu to do that. Just get an adjustable voltage regulator with rated current which suits your application.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby shahrul » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:04 am

What is the purpose of the small voltage value?
If you still need that, you can search for serial DAC or serial digital potentiometer. Microchip have that, I forget the chip no.
shahrul
Professional

Postby angidain » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:52 pm

yes exactly.. i want to use it as power supply for voltage multiplier circuit.. so i need 0.5v supply for the circuit to prove that voltage multiplier circuit will increase the voltage higher than 0.5V. But i wonder if i'm using voltage regulator, is it can fix the required voltage only 0.5V? because as i know the voltage regulator have specific voltage range.. sorry if my question is stupid question because i never use this chip before, so i dont know a lot about this component... :mrgreen:
angidain

Postby sich » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:05 pm

You can use LT3080. Vout can even be adjusted down to 0V.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby angidain » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

thanks for your information.. one more question, instead of using LT3080, what else that can be used if dealing with frequency up to 2.4 GHz? i mean for output of regulator should be 0.5V, and frequency below 2.4 GHz..need your advice..thanks
angidain

Postby angidain » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:25 pm

:geek:
angidain

Postby israelmckinney » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Man, that's very interesting
On this site I have found a lot of interesting technical ideas
israelmckinney
Fledgling

Return to Misc Project