Tester for Standard 5A socket

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Tester for Standard 5A socket

Postby athyabm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi I'm working on a intern project for an electrical switch/socket manufacturer.

They had requested me to create a machine that will be able to check the connectivity of all 3 terminals of a standard 5A socket. Along with the ability to apply a high voltage of 2000V along the live terminal when the switch is in it's open position for only 2 seconds. If there is current passing (due to the high voltage) a buzzer should ring alerting the operator.

At the same time, the time needed to check a product should be from 5-6 seconds and a counter should log the number of sockets checked out.

I would really appreciate any ideas for this project. I have designed a basic circuit for use but i"m unsure on how i could use contactors/relays to isolate the buzzer from the 2000V high voltage
athyabm
Freshie

Re: Tester for Standard 5A socket

Postby ober » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:27 pm

2000V, that's super high. Though I do not have any ideas, but it will be always good if you could share what you have designed, maybe your design will inspire some of us.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Misc Project