simple way to increase output current

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

simple way to increase output current

Postby angidain » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:40 pm

hello
anyone can help me to increase the output current while the voltage need to maintain?
actually I build a circuit that produce 3.7V and 3mA output. However i need to step up the current at least become 300 mA or above and the voltage need to maintain 3.7V or slightly increase maximum up to 5V only. appreciate ur help..
p/s: the output is in DC
angidain

Re: simple way to increase output current

Postby ABSF » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:30 pm

What is the source of input to your circuit to produce the 3.7V 3mA?

Are you using SMPS to step up to 3.7V from a 1.5V battery or you have a 9V source and wishes to step down to 3.7V?

Better still, show us your present schematics that you have...

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby angidain » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 pm

actually i use signal generator with 0.5 V and step up by using voltage multiplier circuit(cascading diode and capacitor) then it produce 3.7 V after ninth stages of voltage multiplier. you can refer the attachment for my circuit..thanks
Attachments
9th stages.jpg
voltage multiplier
angidain

Postby ABSF » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:08 am

I dont think your circuit is able to get you 3.7V at 300mA. The loss is too big and your BAT diode can only allow 200mA max current.

And, where are you going to get 945MHz oscillator able to supple 0.5V at a current of 2.22A in order to get an output of 3.7V DC at 300mA?

It is theoretically ok for a simulator but not practical in real world. Even a "Joules Thief" operating at a single 1.5V cell can't do it. You can google "joules thief" and I think that's a more practical way to achieve your goal.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby angidain » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:06 pm

945 MHz is actually just for simulation. In real application I'm just using DC supply of 0.5 V because the objective is only to show the voltage and current can be increase by using certain circuit ( in this case is using voltage multiplier).. is it possible if I add the parallel transistor at the output of this circuit in order to increase current because parallel circuit will have same voltage? :(
angidain

Postby ABSF » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:06 am

Are you sure your circuit would work on DC? How does DC pass through C1 and C4 in the first place?

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby angidain » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:20 am

ooo i see. thanks mr Allen.. i just realizes that my circuit doesn't work on DC, that why i got zero at the output. maybe i have to use another circuit to achieve my objective. :roll:
angidain

Return to Misc Project