Need help for my FYP,pls advise.

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Need help for my FYP,pls advise.

Postby ganeshr » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi, My final year project is based on Bluetooth technology," Vehicle collision avoidance system using Bluetooth technology.
The proposed project uses Bluetooth Technology by which we can check the speed of the car whenever it comes dangerously close to any other vehicle up front, thereby avoiding collision/accidents. The system constantly monitors the distance between each of these cars. If the distance between two vehicles is within the 100m the Bluetooth devices get enabled and if the distance comes closer within 10m the automatic braking system takes the control. After the speed of the car is reduced and the distance increased, the hydraulic valves decreases the pressure on the braking circuit, thus effectively decrease the braking force.
Please give some piece of advice on how do I go about to start this project and the components needed.
Thank You.
ganeshr
Fledgling

Re: Need help for my FYP,pls advise.

Postby yonghui » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 pm

what is the sensor u wan to use to detect speed in your project? bluetooh? :?
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby wilson » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:14 pm

Then you need bluetooth module, distance sensor maybe laser range finder but GPS should give you location and can calculate distance, and a MCU, looks like a costly project :D,
wilson
Novice

Postby ober » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:51 am

ganeshr WROTE:Hi, My final year project is based on Bluetooth technology," Vehicle collision avoidance system using Bluetooth technology.
The proposed project uses Bluetooth Technology by which we can check the speed of the car whenever it comes dangerously close to any other vehicle up front, thereby avoiding collision/accidents. The system constantly monitors the distance between each of these cars. If the distance between two vehicles is within the 100m the Bluetooth devices get enabled and if the distance comes closer within 10m the automatic braking system takes the control. After the speed of the car is reduced and the distance increased, the hydraulic valves decreases the pressure on the braking circuit, thus effectively decrease the braking force.
Please give some piece of advice on how do I go about to start this project and the components needed.
Thank You.

Bluetooth can only provide wireless communication, and it takes time to create connection between cars just like you did for your phone and computer.

Also, Bluetooth cannot give distance between device, at least from what I know.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Misc Project