FYP (Robotic Arm Help)

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

FYP (Robotic Arm Help)

Postby nqbzndn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:53 am

Hi Guys!

I'm currently doing the 5 DOF Robotic Arm for my FYP and it will be controlled via Bluetooth for pick and place . I will be using 4 -5 servo for the robotic arm + 1 gripper with servo. The material that i'll be using is perspex and the controller would be Arduino Uno. So my question is , do servo motor need to be controlled by a servo controller? Can anyone help me with the servo wiring from breadboard to Arduino? Do servo and arduino need a seperate power supply? And i want to use a force sensor for my gripper which is force sensing resistor. Is it a suitable force sensor ? I want a force sensor that can read the force input when we start gripping an object, so that the force of the gripper will be follow the force of the object. :) :)
nqbzndn
Greenhorn

Re: FYP (Robotic Arm Help)

Postby yonghui » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:34 pm

Just Make sure ur power supply can provide enough max current needed by all servo and controller Then can share. Can use servo controller to make task easier. Else u will need to handle a lot on arduino uno.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby nqbzndn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi Yonghui,

Is it enough to use an Arduino Uno for 4 - 5 servos?
nqbzndn
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:31 am

If you just want to move 1 to 2 servo motor without load at a time, it is fine to connect to Arduino UNO alone. As highlighted by yonghui, you have to makesure the power to the servo is sufficient. Arduino UNO's onboard voltage regulator can merely provide current upto 500mA at max and it will get hot very fast in such condition, in low and unstable current, Arduino get reset easily. So we do not advise user to connect more than 1 servo to Arduino main board. If you want to connect it in such a way, better provide alternative supply to the Servos, and connect the GND together.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby gadgetng » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:36 pm

nqbzndn WROTE:Hi Guys!

I'm currently doing the 5 DOF Robotic Arm for my FYP and it will be controlled via Bluetooth for pick and place . I will be using 4 -5 servo for the robotic arm + 1 gripper with servo. The material that i'll be using is perspex and the controller would be Arduino Uno. So my question is , do servo motor need to be controlled by a servo controller? Can anyone help me with the servo wiring from breadboard to Arduino? Do servo and arduino need a seperate power supply? And i want to use a force sensor for my gripper which is force sensing resistor. Is it a suitable force sensor ? I want a force sensor that can read the force input when we start gripping an object, so that the force of the gripper will be follow the force of the object. :) :)

Use Cytron's G15 Servo! :lol:
gadgetng
Discoverer

Return to Misc Project