DPST switch isolation

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

DPST switch isolation

Postby rxy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:04 pm

I am thinking of controlling the whole circuit, consisting of two independent circuits, by using a DPST switch.
The two independent circuits, one is power supply side (40 V) and the other is camera (5V to GND).
For power supply side, I need to increase from 0 to 40 V, while camera trigger signal is from 5V to GND (by its own BNC cable connection).
First, I would set both devices to ready mode, i.e. turn on the power supply without connecting the cathode and anode; and ready the camera to be capture mode.
Then close the switch, thus closing two independent circuits stated above, and theoretically it should start to trigger the camera and let current flow through in power supply at the same time.
My question would be, is the DPST switch isolation good enough to not affect both independent circuits?
Can a simple DPST switch sold on Cytron solve such problem?
http://cytron.com.my/rocker-switch-big- ... rch=switch
And do I need a breadboard to contain the switch?
Thanks.
rxy
Fledgling

Re: DPST switch isolation

Postby ober » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:18 am

Relay have very good isolation, it is being used to isolate DC and AC such in home appliances.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Misc Project