Phone apps and wireless components communication

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Re: Phone apps and wireless components communication

Postby ober » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:35 pm

1. The common one is to use Bluetooth or WiFi for wireless. Bluetooth you can try Arduino BT joystick Free or BlueTerm. WiFi you can try WiFly Remote. You must develop something around the apps and Arduino, develop code for it. Or at least find tutorial regarding it.
2. Obviously, Arduino UNO or other compatible controller, LEDs, resistors, Bluetooth module, WiFi module, shield, etc. The list goes on. We can only give example, all projects are different when you go detailed, and only by doing it you will know exactly what is needed.
3. Well, that depends on the wireless technologies, and module. Bluetooth is point to point, no modem is needed. WiFi, depends, If you are using XBee-WiFi, it support soft AP, no router is needed.

You will have to do some study, I am sure there are more questions. Answering those question is copying the text book about wireless and electronics and paste here.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby Idris » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi kelvin8686, you can refer to our tutorial related on Android smartphone apps and microcontroller.
Remote Mobile Robot with XBee-WiFi (Android)
Connect Android Bluetooth to BlueBee
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby Idris » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:06 pm

kelvin8686 WROTE:Dear all,

thanks for information. :)

Another queries is the Text input with the phone apps and activate LED is depend on the program of apps right? :?:

It depends on the apps and program on the microcontroller. And make sure the electronic part is working too.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby ober » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:05 am

If you plan to do wired interface, the IOIO is the right choice for Android phone. But you need to use iphone, the link you shared would be a good reference.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Misc Project