SHIELD-EZMP3 capabilities

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

SHIELD-EZMP3 capabilities

Postby muhzd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi Cytron!
Wow you guys are sure packing really cool tech nowadays.

I'm currently interested particularly on your SHIELD-EZMP3. I have 2 inquiry:

1. Basically I am needing for a method to analyze sound (MP3 file) and do some mathematical operation with it. So can your SHIELD-EZMP3 decode mp3 to raw bytes, 16 or 24bits? For example analyze a 2 minute speech in 4 seconds.

2. Can the board itself do file browsing on the thumb drive and display it on LCD or through UART?

Thanks.
Zaid
muhzd
Freshie

Re: SHIELD-EZMP3 capabilities

Postby bengchet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for showing interest.

For your information, Shield EZMP3 is just a player which will play songs stored in SD card. The chip onboard has done all the processes including decoding the files and the output from it is audio data and not the bytes. So the answer is no for 1st question.
For 2nd question, the shield can only do simple file browsing on files with specific names 0001.mp3, 0002.mp3. The main purpose of this shield is for playing MP3 files only with simple control.

For advanced file browsing, you can consider shield MP3, but yet in general it also gives audio output as well.

Thanks.
bengchet

Return to Misc Project