Digital Clock on 7 Segment Display

Works done? Proud of it? Show off here! Let's see what you've built can help inspire others.

Digital Clock on 7 Segment Display

Postby zxlee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:51 am

This is my first post in Cytron Forum. So I will start with a mini project that I have done, which is Digital Clock on 7 Segment Display.

Project Name: Digital Clock on 7 Segment Display

Designer: Zxlee

Project Description:
This project has a few basic functions which is clock display, countdown timer, stopwatch, temperature display and time settings. The controller used in this project is an Arduino Uno made by myself on a PCB.

The 7 segment display uses 74HC595 Shift Register to create more outputs and control each segments. Multiplexing method is used to control each 7 segment display.

The clock information is obtained from DS1307 Real Time Clock IC. The benefits of using DS1307 is that the clock information will continue ticking even the main supply to Arduino is off. DS1307 uses I2C interface for communication.

A DIY 4x4 matrix keypad is used to allow user to control the functions of clock. 4x4 matrix keypad is control by a PCF8574A, 8 bit I/O expander. This IC also uses I2C interface for communication.

More info available at my personal blog, http://iamzxlee.wordpress.com/2013/11/0 ... t-display/

A video explaining about this project:

Hope you enjoy this project, thanks :D
zxlee

Re: Digital Clock on 7 Segment Display

Postby robosang » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:09 am

woh! Good sharing!
robosang
Expert

Re: Digital Clock on 7 Segment Display

Postby ober » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Welcome to Cytron Technical forum, and thanks for sharing!
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Project Showcase