CIKU - PIC with Arduino Style

Works done? Proud of it? Show off here! Let's see what you've built can help inspire others.

CIKU - PIC with Arduino Style

Postby Idris » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi guys!

What do you think about CIKU?
http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2014/06/3 ... uced-ciku/

ciku 2.JPG

ciku 8.JPG
ciku 8.JPG (175.85 KiB) Viewed 5338 times
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Re: CIKU - PIC with Arduino Style

Postby Brian Griffin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 pm

I like the PIC in Arduino form factor. So, I assume that those analog, digital and the communications (I2C, SPI and UART) are identical to that of the Arduino Uno ones? I have some shields like the "Tick-Tock" ones, and I hope that one will fit into this. :)
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby ober » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi Brian, Analog, digital, UART and I2C are identical to Arduino UNO. Unfortunately SPI is not, because SPI on 18F4550 are sharing same pins as I2C, so we decided to utilize hardware I2C and develop software SPI.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby kl84 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:12 pm

No 6-pin ISP header spotted. Cannot use it for those shields which utilizes the ISP header for SPI communication. Replaced by Microchip's PICKit instead. Hm... :roll: I like the extra pads at the sides though ;)
kl84
Amateur

Postby Brian Griffin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:38 pm

ober WROTE:Hi Brian, Analog, digital, UART and I2C are identical to Arduino UNO. Unfortunately SPI is not, because SPI on 18F4550 are sharing same pins as I2C, so we decided to utilize hardware I2C and develop software SPI.

Hello there. The features are great enough for most shields. I'm planning to use a Tick-Tock shield there first if I can buy it. :)
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Return to Project Showcase