arduino, raspberry pi, and pressure sensors , node-red help

Discussion on how to get started with various type of IoT projects

arduino, raspberry pi, and pressure sensors , node-red help

Postby Nin3To3Jack » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:24 am

Hello,
i am learning as i go and i have no programming skills here , i am a total noob.
I am installing pressure transducers into brewing kettles one in hot tank, and 2 in my boil kettle.
i have successfully wired and programmed my arduno uno wifi rev2 with on transducer . it works great there.
i need help communicating this data with the raspberry pi 4 and with node-red to take data and use my formulas to calculate the volume in the tanks. what is the best way to communicate with the controllers. usb cable or the wifi
second how do i program the arduino for that specific communiation type.
Thanks for the time to read, and i look forward to the help and the learning .
Cheers
ninetoe
Nin3To3Jack
Fledgling

Re: arduino, raspberry pi, and pressure sensors , node-red h

Postby Idris » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:58 am

Hi Nin3To3Jack,

You can use I2C to communicate between Arduino and Raspberry Pi. For example - I2C Raspberry Pi Arduino – Reading Analog Signal. But this example is using Python instead of node-red.

If you want to use node-red, I found this example from randomnerds - ESP32 HTTP GET and HTTP POST with Arduino IDE (JSON, URL Encoded, Text).

Hope this helps. Thanks.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Getting Started - IoT