Raspberry Pi 3 with Arduino UNO

Sharing on Tips and Tricks of IoT - hacking, improvement.

Raspberry Pi 3 with Arduino UNO

Postby tiqaae » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:59 am

Hi. Has anyone tried to do an IoT project using Raspberry Pi 3 and Arduino Uno? :) If anyone could share the software and hardware use?
tiqaae
Fledgling

Re: Raspberry Pi 3 with Arduino UNO

Postby Idris » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:06 am

Hi tiqaee,

Any reason why to combine Raspberry Pi 3 and Arduino Uno? I think you can develop IoT project based on one of this.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby derrick » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:54 am

Google around. You can find some examples on it. I've tried IoT based home automation using raspberry pi 3 before. Can try the link https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/iot-raspberry-pi-home-automation.
But if what you mean is IoT based project using both Arduino UNO and raspberry pi together, I didn't get to try it out. Like Idris asked, is there a reason to do so? One of the two boards should be sufficient for simple project
derrick
Freshie

Postby saran » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:52 am

Actually im having same doubt as you posted earlier, guess it could probably due certain aspect like
- range of sensors available
- interaction between sensors and main board
- Price and Support

seriously, I found raspberry pi has more feature in term controlling all the aspect(main board) and database support while Arduino more toward end part where its connection to sensor and send signal to pi...

My latest project on smart aquarium on which i wish to combine both this board for best solution. Will update my project once completed.Tx
saran
Fledgling

Return to Tips and Tricks of IoT