How to Order PS40B with VEXTA PIC firmware instead of LINIX?

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

How to Order PS40B with VEXTA PIC firmware instead of LINIX?

Postby Mureli » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:32 pm

1. I am planning to drive 2 units of Vexta BLH 230K series DC Brushless motor with
the PS40B manual robot controller.

2. How do i place the correct order online so that firmware loaded into the
PIC before shipping to me is the correct one for VEXTA and not the wrong
one with LINIX, instead.

B. Rgds,
Mureli (USM-Png)
Mureli
Freshie

Re: How to Order PS40B with VEXTA PIC firmware instead of LINIX?

Postby ober » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi Mureli, you need to state what is the vexta model and gear ratio when you place order. And when you get the PS40B, you need to connect the vexta motor according to User's Manual of AR40B for the wiring.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby Mureli » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:29 am

Greetings Ober & Happy New Year 2 u,

1. The 2 VEXTA motor i intend to use does not have any internal reduction gearhead.
It is a round shaft brushless DC motor P/N BLH230 KC-A with factory matched
driver P/N: BLH D30k.
2. So, you are saying that i should simply indicate in the order form the above info and
Cytron will do the necessary to make sure that the PS40B sent to me is loaded with
the correct firmware to drive my 2 VEXTA motors.
3. Or do i hv to call the Cytron office to let them know of my on line order and
describe to the personal on the type of motor i want to connect the the PS40B
before the shipping takes place ?

Rgds,
Mureli
Mureli
Freshie

Postby ober » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 am

The standard firmware for PS40B can be found under "Useful Document" Tab of PS40B product page. In the zip file of PS40B firmware, there are 4 files, 3 hex code files for different motor, another file is to describe what are the 3 hex code files for. You need to refer to that txt file to connect the correct brushless motor to correct control port on PS40B.

The standard firmware for Brushless motor are those come with gear. Just fill in the message when you place order. We can help you load the suitable firmware.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby Mureli » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi Ober,
Fr. the product document u recommended , the only applicable hex codes for my motors would be either :
1. PS40B_Motor_1_Vxx.hex
Vexta Brushless Motor:(XXW - YY ---> XX watt for motor power, YY for gear ratio)
b. 30W - 30, 50, 100
or
2. PS40B_Motor_2_Vxx.hex
Vexta Brushless Motor:(XXW - YY ---> XX watt for motor power, YY for gear ratio)
b. 30W - 5, 10, 15, 20, 200

However, neither of the 2 VEXTA brushless 30W motors i am going to use with the PS40B hv any attached reduction gear head. As such there is no applicable gear ratios.

If in this case, what sort firmware would Cytron load the PIC with and ship to me?
This is because in the message when ordering i won't even be specifying any sort of gear ratios as my motors are std. 24V 30W round shaft Vexta DC brushless.

So, are you suggesting that i just ignore the gear ratio for the VEXTA motor when i send the order message to Cytron?

I need all these confirmation done upfront so that i do not end up wasting valuable time debugging the robot controller or sending it back to Johor from Penang because the wrong firmware was installed.

Rgds,
Mureli
Mureli
Freshie

Postby hyng » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 pm

U are planing to use the Vexta motor without gear head ?? Are you sure?? Maybe you should elaborate more about the Motor you use (model, watt, and gear ratio if there is any) so that cytron will determine whether the code is suitable for you or not. :lol:
hyng

Postby Mureli » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks for the inputs.
However,
1. I have already sorted out the needs for the PS40B with Cytron via phone.
2. My WMR design is definitely not the conventional differential drive mechanism.
3. It is an intelligent mechanical design (IMD) using EGTs to form the req'd G/R s.
4. As such i do not need to use the any internal reduction gears that come with the
motors.
5. In fact, these "plain" motors 'r readily available and can be assembled to any
customized WMR drivetrain.

B. Rgds,
Engr.M.Mureli
Mureli
Freshie

Return to Robot Controller