SC16A

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

SC16A

Postby lattejuzz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:47 pm

I need help...Can someone guide me to develop a radio controlled wireless remote for digital camera. Basically its a remoe which enables me to take picture without theuser holding the camera. Someone suggest me to connct motor to PR16 but it could be more work to be done which i do not know how. Another method is using SC16A which i plan to control using a remote. The answer to my enquiry on the product : "Can if the output (UART) signal from receiver to the SC16A is match with SC16A protocol/command. For the SC16A protocol, please refer to the user manual."

I read the manual, but its not very clear about the UART.
lattejuzz
Freshie

Re: SC16A

Postby yonghui » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:44 pm

hi,

u can use the UART on board of SC16A to control the card. u will need a wireless connection between the remote host and SC16A. so what is the wireless device that u will choose? IR? or RF? or bluetooth or anything else?

yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Re: SC16A

Postby sich » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:34 pm

lattejuzz WROTE:The answer to my enquiry on the product : "Can if the output (UART) signal from receiver to the SC16A is match with SC16A protocol/command. For the SC16A protocol, please refer to the user manual."

If you need general explanation on UART interface, you need to google for it. Besides, you may refer to Robot. Head to Toe magazine (http://www.robothead2toe.com.my/subscribe.php) 3rd Issue, How This Works - UART.

For UART settings on PIC microcontroller, you need to refer to the datasheet of the PIC that you want to use.

SC16A's user manual mainly discuss on the UART protocol for user to give commands and control SC16A.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Return to Robot Controller