Having problem with SC16A... Need help!!

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

Having problem with SC16A... Need help!!

Postby weng » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:40 pm

hello... i had bought the SC16A and tested with three C40R servo motors using the GUI software provided. It could be no problem when tested with only 1 servo. However, the problem came out when tested with multiple servos. Once i control the 2nd servo the previous servo will turn without giving any command to it while the 2nd servo remain the same position. Later on the all of the servos cannot work at all by keep sending the commands. The servo will only start work again when the reset button is pressed.

So i wanna know that it is because of the problem of the servo controller SC16A or due to the servos?? But i have tested them independently it could work.
weng
Greenhorn

Re: Having problem with SC16A... Need help!!

Postby hyng » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:39 am

What power supply and servo motor you are using? In most cases, the servo will "shaking" when there is no enough current.
hyng

Postby weng » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Thx for the reply.

I am using 6V voltage supply for the C40R servo motors.
So what u mean is i need to increase the voltage supply??
weng
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Increase the current from the supply, not the voltage.

What is the power source you are using? Battery? Adapter?
robosang
Expert

Postby weng » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Thanks for help. Now can function properly ady...

By the way, is there any different using battery instead of adapter?? I m using batteries....
weng
Greenhorn

Postby hyng » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:00 pm

May i know what is the root cause for the problem just now? Please share with the member here so that others may benefit from it.
Normally, max current of a normal adapter is only around 0.5A - 2 A. If you are controlling many servos, adapter may not be able to supply the enough power.
hyng

Postby wgk3629 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:50 pm

hyng WROTE:May i know what is the root cause for the problem just now? Please share with the member here so that others may benefit from it.
Normally, max current of a normal adapter is only around 0.5A - 2 A. If you are controlling many servos, adapter may not be able to supply the enough power.

i got the same problem as weng with my sc16a. i use an adapter 6v output. should i use different power source or adapter? or should i construct a circuit to amplify the current of the adapter?
wgk3629
Greenhorn

Postby yonghui » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:55 pm

the adapter's power cant be amplified, so the current cant be change to higher maintaining the same voltage, P=IV
get a higher power adapter instead, else use battery such as lead acid or lipo.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby hyng » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Normal adapter only rate as 1-2A may not have sufficient current to drive the servo motors. But if you are just using 1-2 motors, than it should be fine f. Do not ever try to use the normal batteries like AAA/AA 1.5V batteries as it will drown out fast.

Please refer to the DIY project PR18 schematic for the servo power part. However, you need to use batteries likes lead acid and lithium polymer or power supply that has higher rate such as the one use in labs if you wish to construct that circuit.

Anyway, if your project does not required portable, you can use Switching Power Supply 5V 6A at the link below:
http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.ph ... zexHQT5jI=
which you do not have to make extra circuit to boost the power and make your life easier.
But please remind that it only up to 6A and you have to estimate is it enough for your application.
hyng

Postby wgk3629 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:41 pm

my project use 10 servos so roughly maybe require more than 6A. does the sc16a support more than 6A current? what is the maximum current the sc16a can support? the user guide didn't mention the max current for sc16a.
wgk3629
Greenhorn

Next

Return to Robot Controller