SC16A servo board ..... need help ...

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

SC16A servo board ..... need help ...

Postby cheekang » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:43 pm

i have using SC16A servo board for control 12 servo motor. SC16A are control by microcontroller. At first, i start, the servo board are able to move follow the programming instruction. then i off the power supply. second time,i switch on again.all the servo motor are turning to some angle first which not follow the instruction of my program.then only turn to the program i set. i try manny time to different instruction. but still the same ... i sure is not my program problem. i believe is some calibration from servo board instruction. so how. ... to disable the move ...
cheekang
Freshie

Re: SC16A servo board ..... need help ...

Postby hyng » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:07 pm

It cannot be disable. The servos will rotate to the center upon power up. What you can do is adjust/assembled "manually" all your initial servo position to the center. So that upon power up, all the servo will remain at your desire position.
hyng

Postby cheekang » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:52 pm

sorry .. can explain more detail? actually ...the calibration is turning from what degree to what degree... ?
cheekang
Freshie

Postby hyng » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:21 pm

If you doesn't give any command to the SC16A after power up, the servo will in "free" position as the SC16A is now at sleep mode.
However, after you wake it up by giving the command to SC16A, the servo will first rotate to end of the angle (its starting value) before it will follow your command.
Suggestion is you can manually assemble your servo at the end of angle (SC16A starting value).
hyng

Postby cheekang » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:31 pm

can i say like this ..... at begin .... the servo motor maybe at 30degree, 40 degree or some other degree. when starting sending a command, the servo motor will turn to 180 degree first than only follow my instruction ? so the beginning degree will not affect the servo motor turn ......
cheekang
Freshie

Return to Robot Controller