sc16a servo controller supply

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

sc16a servo controller supply

Postby clh6685 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi,

Anyone know is there needs to separate the pic 5V supply and the servo supply?
Or anyone used it before and mind tell me yours connection on supply.
Because currently I'm trying share the supply with a battery, when more than 6 servo connected it will goes cramp out all servo to one direction. I suspect is noise coming from the servos cause the dsPIC gone crazy.
My setup is using Rx pin signal from my pc com port. And all 0V are link together include com 0V. 5V from battery.

Thanks
Chok
clh6685
Greenhorn

Re: sc16a servo controller supply

Postby shiyan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Din use the servo controller before :) But hopefully I am can help. Normally you can share the power as long as the power is sufficient to support the load. Cytron did a DIY using the SC16A with PIC as host and drive 6 RC servo to be a bipedal walking robot. They are using 1 battery source only.You can refer to the detail here: http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=MCsmGicmITcOGjcFBRwlLVq8QQCzldO!!!!!kgHfNJFPmok=&store=, they have share the schematic on the circuit, I din go through in detail.

What is the battery you use? The crazy of the servos and voltage drop seem to come from the un-sufficient battery to support the load. :D
shiyan
Amateur

Return to Robot Controller